PDA

View Full Version : Good Cheap Rod?

pigdestroyer
06-21-2010, 10:45 AM
I just got my dad a Viento for father's day. What is a good rod that I can pair him up with for weightless Ika, senko and texas worm fishing. I only have Shimano and Gloomis, but I know there are a lot of great other brands out there. I want to spend $50-100 at most.

GREENSTINKYFEET
06-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Check out turners california rods. Normally sale for $109 but are on sale pretty frequently for $39. They have several models.I forgot what what co. made them. They are beautiful, light, sensative and a good value. I have three.

ogrich31
06-21-2010, 12:33 PM
get one of the lifetime warranty rods that shimano has, particularly a clarus ($60-80). or tacklewarehouse has a good a good deal right now on daiwa ceilo casting rods plus the extra 20% off on all liquidation sales until 5pm today.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Team_Daiwa_Cielo_Casting_Rods/descpage-TDCC.html

I would get a 6'6" to 7'2" medium heavy fast or extra fast rod for senkos, ikas and texas rigged worms.

Bassnman Mike
06-22-2010, 06:11 AM
IMHO, one of the best inexpensive rods are the Berkley Series One rods and Fishermans Factory Outlet currently has quite a few different ones for almost 50% off. They also have great prices on alot of other Pure Fishing products.

BassnMan Mike

pigdestroyer
06-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks. I went ahead and purchased the Berkley Series One for him. I hope he likes it. I know it is going to be much better than what he was using.

Bassnman Mike
06-25-2010, 05:58 AM
Thanks. I went ahead and purchased the Berkley Series One for him. I hope he likes it. I know it is going to be much better than what he was using.

Great choice, I'm sure he will be happy