PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth Fishing Trip 6/18-6/19

Trout Kahuna
06-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Went to Convict Lake last friday. Caught my limit in no time using salmon peach pb.
Fish were stocker size.

On Saturday went to Crowley, fishing was slow. Caught two small trout 1/2 lb and one
2 lb trout. Fish were caught on NC with crave gravy. Saw alot of folks catching sacramento perch.
some crappie nibbles and tried to catch a few to make perch tempura but could catch any. Does anybody have any tips on how to catch these perch?

When arriving at the boat dock i spoke with several people and the consensus was that it was a slow day for fishing. The guys cleaning the fish were saying that they killed them on using a midge fly. Does anyone know how to use this fly?

Went up to Lake Mary and Mamie to see if they were open. There's still some ice on the banks but the lake itself seems to be ice free. I believe George is still frozen. I decided not to fish Mamie or Mary. Will come back when all ice is melted.

City Dad
06-21-2010, 08:51 AM
I've never midged crowley but the guys i know who have tell me they usually start in about 10 -15 feet (though this can vary) and begin fishing the midge just off the bottom, gradually work the fly up until they find the zone. Red or Zebra, size 18 down to 24...

exfactor
06-21-2010, 01:04 PM
White mr twister crappie jig.

Pendagger
06-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Going to the Lakes on Wednesday for a week. I usually fish the Bridgeport area with buddies, this is for the wife and kids. Any reports on the Mammoth twins or Mary?

SierraPeaks
06-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Yesterdays report said tubers on Mammoth Twins are catching some nice Browns.

Pendagger
06-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Sweet!...Is that pic the bottom of the falls at upper Twin or somewhere else?

E.A.R.G.
06-23-2010, 08:21 PM
thanks for the report!
anyone know if lake mary is fair game for camping yet?
I'm heading up there tomorrow morning and need to knoow. thanks

Sue
06-23-2010, 08:57 PM
There were people camping there Monday when we were driving around.