PDA

View Full Version : nph short report thursday and saturday Float tubing

BrandonFish
06-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Dan his brother Drew and i went out to nph thursday for aslower but fun day. we were using berkley gulp and other plastics. first time drew ever tubed was at nph thursday congrats on your first fishies on the tube Drew.
On a side note i hope your lady liked the hot mustard Drew :Rofl:

Fish count for the 3 of us:
23 spotted bay bass
3 halibut
1 sandbass
6 croakers

hit up nph Saturday for a non stop action fun day. got to the water around 8 seen jeff/itchybass as soon as Dennis and i got there. was nice meeting you jeff to bad we were going opposite ways. we were throwing nummerous baits all were getting bit and catching bass. i hit my first short wsb in a tube thought it was a croaker with some shoulder to it. but no it was a short wsb.
tubed alot of areas each producing bass short halibut and croakers.
Dennis and i tried to revive a Spotted bay bass after He caught it for several minutes but he didnt make it :Sad: so he took it home gave it to his neighbor it happens...
For the 2 i seen in a truck i forget really what you were driving but i hope you guys got on the bass for your first time float tubing nph! :Cool:
fishcount for us:
30+ Spotted Bay Bass
3 Sandbass
1 White Seabass
6 Halibut
7 Yellow Fin Croaker

Good fishing out there there still on the chew water temp is in the high 60's Please practise catch and release and dont hold onto short halibut untell its to late!

smokehound
06-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Aye doesnt it suck when you accidentally kill a bass? A long time ago I was removing a hook from a 13 incher, and he thrashed on me, sliced my palm open, and snagged himself on an exposed tree root-- ripping his own gill-arch out..

But on the bright-side, it was quite tasty!

Airona124
06-20-2010, 09:37 PM
sounds like you guys had a blast GJ

Swank909
06-21-2010, 01:38 AM
I only recall one Halibut on thursday! Oh and you forgot about the GIANT Jack Smelt I caught, I thought the damn thing was a decent sized Croacker at first! (Lots of YFC and jellyfish in the harbor right now)

Sucks about the floater, but it happens sometimes.

boxl0bster
06-21-2010, 02:06 AM
damn sounds like slayage to me for both days! i gotta try tubing the harbor soon.

Dwchkypmp20
06-21-2010, 05:45 AM
Dan his brother Drew and i went out to nph thursday for aslower but fun day. we were using berkley gulp and other plastics. first time drew ever tubed was at nph thursday congrats on your first fishies on the tube Drew.
On a side note i hope your lady liked the hot mustard Drew :Rofl:

Fish count for the 3 of us:
23 spotted bay bass
3 halibut
1 sandbass
6 croakers

hit up nph Saturday for a non stop action fun day. got to the water around 8 seen jeff/itchybass as soon as Dennis and i got there. was nice meeting you jeff to bad we were going opposite ways. we were throwing nummerous baits all were getting bit and catching bass. i hit my first short wsb in a tube thought it was a croaker with some shoulder to it. but no it was a short wsb.
tubed alot of areas each producing bass short halibut and croakers.
Dennis and i tried to revive a Spotted bay bass after He caught it for several minutes but he didnt make it :Sad: so he took it home gave it to his neighbor it happens...
For the 2 i seen in a truck i forget really what you were driving but i hope you guys got on the bass for your first time float tubing nph! :Cool:
fishcount for us:
30+ Spotted Bay Bass
3 Sandbass
1 White Seabass
6 Halibut
7 Yellow Fin Croaker

Good fishing out there there still on the chew water temp is in the high 60's Please practise catch and release and dont hold onto short halibut untell its to late!

That was me in the jeep! It was me and my buddies second time fishing NPH, first in a tube and we came up completely short! But its a learning experience, i guess. I havent been in a tube in 5 or 6 years, so it was nice to just to get out and paddle. maybe next time we can get a "buddy" and possibly learn some new stuff, I have a feeling we just need some experience! Not even 1 bite! But a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work, so I am happy! Nice meeting you bud, maybe next time we can fish together!

Swank909
06-21-2010, 12:11 PM
That was me in the jeep! It was me and my buddies second time fishing NPH, first in a tube and we came up completely short! But its a learning experience, i guess. I havent been in a tube in 5 or 6 years, so it was nice to just to get out and paddle. maybe next time we can get a "buddy" and possibly learn some new stuff, I have a feeling we just need some experience! Not even 1 bite! But a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work, so I am happy! Nice meeting you bud, maybe next time we can fish together!
Hit us up next time, we're in the harbor pretty often...

BrandonFish
06-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Aye doesnt it suck when you accidentally kill a bass? A long time ago I was removing a hook from a 13 incher, and he thrashed on me, sliced my palm open, and snagged himself on an exposed tree root-- ripping his own gill-arch out..

But on the bright-side, it was quite tasty!
sure does .. that bass just wanted to die lol.

sounds like you guys had a blast GJ
you said it

I only recall one Halibut on thursday! Oh and you forgot about the GIANT Jack Smelt I caught, I thought the damn thing was a decent sized Croacker at first! (Lots of YFC and jellyfish in the harbor right now)

Sucks about the floater, but it happens sometimes.
it was 3 i showed you one and you guys were to far to show you the smaller one.. i figured out what those little clear jelly things are they are jelly fish eggs orw/e lol..

damn sounds like slayage to me for both days! i gotta try tubing the harbor soon.
get on it! its amazing taking tubes out in the salt.

good meeting you to bad i was leaving .\/. some time we should get out there ill show you the ropes.

Dwchkypmp20
06-23-2010, 05:08 AM
good meeting you to bad i was leaving .\/. some time we should get out there ill show you the ropes.

that would be awesome, ill be in oahu for the next week hunting down some peacock bass, but in the comming weekends for sure!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/dwchkypmp20/36433_1427050989111_1017879609_1250.jpg

Tight Lines!

welsh mob
06-26-2010, 04:51 PM
sounds like good times. never hit up NPH before but damn i gotta get out there and tube with you guys one of these days.

bones
06-26-2010, 07:54 PM
It's reports like this that make me want to break out the old tube and do some NPH slaying!
Great job out there for sure!
><>--------------MIKE----------------<><