PDA

View Full Version : Rockpile 6/19....no pics

murrieta angler
06-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Headed down to the Rockpile with my buddy Frank and Carlos ( CJMedina )

Left the house 15 minutes later than I wanted to, at 3:00, & arrived at Shelter Island at 4:25.
Got the boat in the water and was getting good size sardines 20 minutes later. There were alot of boats heading out and 6 deep in line for bait.
Turned on my GPS and 22 miles later was at the Rockpile. When we arrived there was only 2 other boats and I'm thinking to myslef that this is not where the YT are at...:Rolls Eyes:
Doesn't matter, there are fish here and we are going to get some.
Carlos started off getting 2 quick treefish and then I get a light tap for a sand dab. Frank was flylining hoping for some surface action. There was "0" surface action there.
We picked away at the fish, getting Starries, Reds, Sand Dabs and Treefish.
I did get something big but busted off my 15# test. Can only think it was either a Ling or big Halibut.

11:00 and time to eat, so we grab our 7-11 sandwiches and I make way over to the islands.
Upon arrival I see every boat from the fleet and at least 40 -50 P.B's.
We start to set up and the YT are jumping out of the water. Our bait had turned, so no luck flylining, and I start throwing irons at them to no avail. Frank stuck on a dead dino and got hit hard but came unbuttoned...:Sad:
We got nothing, as far as the Bones and YT are concerned. Carlos had mentioned a spot that I knew about, so we headed over there and gave it a try before we had to leave. Carlos was getting hits every drop within a minute or so. Frank started to not feel so good and I was trying to get on some fish with a very light pole, but the drift was strong and you need at least 8 ounces to stay somewhat vertical.
I had forgot my glasses in the truck and was getting a headache from squinting all day so I called it at 2:00.
Turned out to be an "Allright" day fishing, they can always be better, but it was nice just to be out on the water and fishing with Frank and a new friend, Carlos!

Take Care All & God Bless You,
Robert

cjmedina
06-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks again Robert it was fun dude . Yellow tail or not I did have a blast. Look forward to doing it again. For the record I have a great day.
http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv3/cjmedina26/fd5690ef.jpg
http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv3/cjmedina26/ba1e8c22.jpg
Uploading a video

Fishbones
06-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Hey Robert,

Thanks for the rockpile report, you will get them soon enuff my friend just keep at it and will be rewarded.
Sucks about the mystery fish getting un buttoned.,.,.argh!!! i feel you guys.,.,.Its always cool to make new fishing friends,

marzocchi
06-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Nice try on the yellows. Summer is just starting, I am sure you guys will get them sooner or later.

Which Way Out
06-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Sorry to read no yellows Robert. When I saw the thread I thought way cool Robert got down there and picked up some of the big fish.. And then to get busted off damn thats not right. Well its early in the season and I am sure will both be out there again soon......

rohan
06-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the report.

murrieta angler
06-21-2010, 07:24 AM
Your welcome Carlos.
We will get on some YT's next time....I Promise!!
Robert

murrieta angler
06-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the kind words Alex.
Robert

murrieta angler
06-21-2010, 07:25 AM
To that, there is no doubt!
Robert

murrieta angler
06-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Hey Bill!
Yeah, I went to the wrong place. It was still graylight and didn't see the P.B's in the back side of the islands.
Had I seen them, I for sure would have went straight there and flylined the sardines.
Oh well, there is always next time!
Robert

murrieta angler
06-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Your welcome!

Jackpot Jimmy
06-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Good job out there Robert! You'll get the yellows next time...at least you got some taco meat to take home...when's dinner? :LOL:

E.A.R.G.
06-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey Robert,
Good attempts at the big fish
Went out to the islands myself earlier this week with no love on yellows or wsb. the whole east side was dead, we were thinking well at least no one else got them. got home and checked the moo moo counts... lots of 3 fish wsb limits. heart dropper. didn't even know where they were biting!

klocked
06-30-2010, 11:17 PM
There's always next time Robert, still looking forward to fishing with you one day!

murrieta angler
07-03-2010, 12:48 PM
There's always next time Robert, still looking forward to fishing with you one day!

Hey John,
Congrats on the YT and WSB. Both very nice fish indeed!
Eventually we will get out together and get some fish.
Take Care,
Robert