PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake report 6/19/10

pupfish
06-20-2010, 08:22 AM
Fished Big Bear on Saturday with my dad and brother. First time on Big Bear this year, lake level is up and looks to be in great shape. Didn't get on the lake until about 8:30 and fished until 2:30. The wind blew pretty hard all day long. Steady bite throughout the day, fished from Boulder Bay to Metcalf Bay the whole time. There were quite a few pleasure boaters zooming around our boat but it didn't seem to bother the fish. Ended up with three limits, lost a few and released several smaller ones. Lots of little planters mixed with a few nice holdovers. Bait of the day was chartreuse and rainbow Powerbait, but mainly used chartreuse. Sorry, didn't take any pictures.

greenbean
06-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the report. I've been trying to get up there for a couple months now. Just no time and no money. What were you using? Trolling the lead core or what? Congrats and happy fathers day!

Cameron
06-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Yeah this place was packed all weekend with Fathers day & the poker run.Tons of fishing pressure at stanfield I wouldnt even stop,lol.The shore bite on trout was zilch for me water is really warm & lots of plants.Im sure trolling is the best bet you can watch the bows jumping in the morn & eve by grout bay so there still feeding.I really need a boat lol.
Congrats on the slay & a happy fathers day.

Calicanuck
06-21-2010, 08:20 AM
I was out at Big Bear on Suday trying to troll in the wind from my kayak and it was lots of hard work for two rainbows on lead core. I was curious how you were fishing the powerbait to find such great numbers of rainbows on Saturday? Thanks.

Cameron
06-21-2010, 08:32 AM
The damn is the hot spot for the bows on powerbait & crawlers.Warden told me that he saw several 4-6 lbs the past few days on the northshore by the damn.I let ya know lol.

EL_CHIDO
06-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the report, I'm hitting BB this Saturday for some end of the season 'bows.

Will post a report.

greeper
06-24-2010, 10:51 PM
according to the locals the west end and the dam has been slow, most of the action has been towards the east side of the lake. Trollers have been doing well infront of Big Bear marina across to the observatory. As for Grout Bay it's been hot for Crappie and some small mouth. . Most of us lately have had great success just drifting in deep water for trout. As for the Bass they're still on the Beds and it's been extremely productive in most of the bays.. My 6 year old caught his first bass and many others so he's hooked no pun intended.

seal
06-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the report, I'm hitting BB this Saturday for some end of the season 'bows.

Will post a report.

Season over? BBL will kick out fish all the way through the summer, nights especially good of course.

seal
06-25-2010, 08:43 AM
according to the locals the west end and the dam has been slow, most of the action has been towards the east side of the lake. Trollers have been doing well infront of Big Bear marina across to the observatory. As for Grout Bay it's been hot for Crappie and some small mouth. . Most of us lately have had great success just drifting in deep water for trout. As for the Bass they're still on the Beds and it's been extremely productive in most of the bays.. My 6 year old caught his first bass and many others so he's hooked no pun intended.

The dam and North side were very good last weekend, so looks like they have made the migration towards the dam recently.

EL_CHIDO
06-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Season over? BBL will kick out fish all the way through the summer, nights especially good of course.

Good to know, thanks.