PDA

View Full Version : 6/19 Satuday at Salt Creek w/no pics sorry

Jbro
06-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Loaded up El Nido with a scoop of squirts and a scoop of dines from the NPH bait reciever and headed south to fish the kelp near Salt Creek. Had abandoned the flats and the shoe as i figured they would be parking lots today and i wanted to fish in relative peace. On the way to Salt Creek from NPH there were streaks of red tide off and on all the way to Dana Pt. Water was 68 and streaked with red but we decided to stick it out. The other 15 boats that were there must have been looking for WSB becuase as soon as we arrived and got the anchor down the others started to pull up and leave. We found them biting and left them biting. There were enough nice bass to make easy limits (though we didn't keep any) and a few others mixed in. Bite was best later in day when the tide started to fill and we did have 2 bites that were big and lost to the kelp. Hope to get out and look at paddys next week. Having terrible trouble getting pics to resize so that they can post, my camera must have too many megapixel?

murrieta angler
06-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Gotta love those days alone in an area with no other boats to worry about. Just drift and drift away!
Thanks for the report,
Robert