PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise = June 18

shioda
06-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Took a client out yesterday on the Enterprise. Fourth time fishing for him, but first time we went out for something other than rockfish. Had about 30 patrons, and he was shocked how crowded the boat was. haha. Kind of nice fishing when there are only 10 patrons.

Started out late because the marina office didn't open on time. Apparently someone was partying too much after the Laker game. Anyway, after the late start we finally get our lines wet looking to land some barracuda. Late start didn't make a lot of difference because there was no bite. I was fishing a 5 inch green/sparkled Fish Trap with a blue 3/4 head. Don't care for the cuda cause I only take what I want to eat and cuda ain't it. Anyway, the first stop was mostly a strikeout, but I did get the first sand bass on the boat. Client got nothing and most of the rest on board were the same. So we move to the sculpin grounds. Client limits using the squid on a dropper loop and I limit on the red/clear FT with a yellow head. Rest of the boat limited also, but we took awhile for that to happen. Looked like a lot of newbies fishing, judging by the day license, freshwater treble hook spoons and lightweight spinning gear on board.

We then move to deeper water, trying for some rockfish but almost everything caught was short. Some whitefish caught but the client and I both end up without any keepers.

Finally move back to the cuda grounds for the last stop of the day. I rig for bass using the green FT with the blue head and start catching right away thanks to some of the tips JapanRon has posted over time. End up limiting out on the sandbass before we go home. By the way, that blue head only has one eye!!! Client catches one barracuda on a sardine which barely misses on the jackpot. Also hooks one using one of my red FT, but the cuda gets off and my swimbait ends up in the garbage because it is half bite off.

Short trip back because of where we were fishing. Waiting on the pics and will upload once I get them from the client.

JapanRon
06-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi Shioda,

Nice report .... glad client got into some fish !! Of course ...... great big WTG on your swimmie work. Shoulda kept that plastic more than likely. Upcoming aside will explain more in detail as to just why. Sounds like the skipper worked pretty hard to get fish.

thanks for the report and await those photos,

JapanRon

murrieta angler
06-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Nice short report
Thanks,
Robert

shioda
06-20-2010, 10:08 AM
JapanRon

Thanks. Looking forward to more of your posts and tips. Skipper did work pretty hard. Different skipper than usual and his announcements over the PA were actually audible and did NOT sound like the announcements on the Tokyo JR line, if you know what I mean.

Fishbones
06-20-2010, 01:18 PM
glad the day turned out good for you guys, congrats on the fish and thanks for the report.