JapanRon
06-18-2010, 05:13 PM
CLICK ON EACH PAGE/IMAGE TO ENLARGE ... IF NEEDED
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0616RUBBERDKYP1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0616RUBBERDKYP2.jpg

murrieta angler
06-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Well, that's fishing for ya!
You are very fortunate to have Lal skippering, with his years of experience, and geting you guys on some fish.
Thanks for the report and pics Ron,
Robert

p.s. Heading down to The Rockpile tomorrow. Swells are supposed to have died down a bit.

Fishbones
06-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Ron you are a fishing psycho, like myself.,lol another great report on the rubberducky.

DockRat
06-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Hey Ron, Nice write up.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii19/benbaggyroad/Ghost_Busters_61.jpgDR

JapanRon
06-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi murrieta angler,

Thanks. Yes .... even if I didn't catch a single fish, with Lal always managing to get the job done ..... boat and angling-wise, I know that the fish were there, some were biting, and it was my own dang fault if I didn't catch fish to my satisfaction !! Too much otherwise is important than grip n' grins !!

JapanRon

JapanRon
06-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi fishbones,

Thank you. Couple of great days fishin' !! Back to back casting days can take it's toll on this old 61 year-old geezer. Who the heck said fishing was a leisure recreation ?! Not the way we play huh ?!! :)

Great job on the CPR trip report. I think the way we set it up will work out very well. Hey ..... after all this time being a member, I finally .... yes ... finally got my picture taken wearing FNN swag.

JapanRon

JapanRon
06-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi DockRat,

Thanks. It is really a prevlidge to be fishing on the Ducky and be considered worthy of the invite. After all .... skippers put in a lot of time and expense in their boats, building the knowledge, and then going fishing than most of us can imagine. If I were a skipper, I would take care in choosing those with whom I was to spend time with on the water !!

JapanRon

marzocchi
06-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Usual great report. Looks like the sandbass is coming in for the summer spawn from the looks of all the sandies you caught. Also heard it went wide open last night on sandies for both the PB and the Moo-Moos last night. It is about time, it is almost July!

.......After all .... skippers put in a lot of time and expense in their boats, building the knowledge, and then going fishing than most of us can imagine. If I were a skipper, I would take care in choosing those with whom I was to spend time with on the water !!

Your right about this Ron! Us PB put alot of time and a lot of MONEY in our rigs! I spent several thousands a year on my boat. This year I already spent a thousand on repairs and maintenance. I am poise to spent another 3K+ on upgrade electronics. Some people you invite dont even realize how much expense there is. Some friends wont even pay launching fees or bring me lunch after I loaded my boat and truck with 150 bucks worth of gas! Those people get to the bottom of list. I do my justice by putting them on marginal spots and rarely inviting them out. I rather fish alone!

This year my PB experience starting out great. Started taking my pops and his friends out and they foot the bill for everything. Even lunch (most important thing)! Only problem is they only want to fish rockfish! I keep telling them about the phenomenal bass fishing spots and the local secert seabass / halibut spots, but they will not have any of it. Rockfish, rockfish, rockfish! Ugh! Hopefully my regular crew is good this year or else you will see alot more rockfish reports.

Looks like Lal considers you a very worthy deck crew to be invited out so much. If I see you guys out there this year, I will be sure to give you a guys holler.

JapanRon
06-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi marzocchi,

Thanks. One should always put oneself in the position of ones host be it a visit to a home, trip on a boat, etc., etc.

On the other hand ...... Too bad about the RF target fixation !! If they're older guys, you'd think all that crankin' would wear them out. You're the skipper .... If I were you and did it cleverly ...... I'd give 'em their RF for 95% of the trip and then have some rigs readied to catch a few eager Bass-type biters at the very end of the day. Show 'em thru a couple of hook-ups !! Hopefully, this would catch on with them as the cranking is less, gear is lighter, action should be faster, and ..... it's on the way home !! I'm prejudiced but anybody that couldn't show some interest and or get addicted to catching Bass ....... Good luck !! You'd be doing them a favor .... they just don't know it !! Yet

JapanRon