PDA

View Full Version : 6/18 Intake 2 - Team 57 Event

greg
06-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Got to watch the Lakers capture another title while hanging out at Parchers, thanks to Smitty who put this TV outside so we didn't have to truck down to the packed Bishop Creek Lodge.

Took my time this morning, ate the Parchers breakfast the hit Intake 2 at 9:30. There were at least a dozen tubers on this body of water. Hooked up over 30 stockers from my tube jigging a red power worm. Donna and her dad, Bob got to watch my show. This my second time to this Team 57 event in the Sierras. Thanks for putting this on!!!

troutdog
06-21-2010, 08:44 PM
That red power worm works wonders up the 395, thanks for sharing the report....GO LAKERS!!!

TD

TROUTMAN777
06-21-2010, 09:25 PM
30? yeah right!

olfishergal
06-21-2010, 09:53 PM
30? yeah right!

Yeah right is right, I know since I have done it. It gets to be so wide open up there love it, amazing

Wagonmaster
06-21-2010, 10:15 PM
30? yeah right!

No problem. The Alpers Posse International record is held by me, 27 in 40 minutes. 30 is easily doable at Intake II.

CatchthatTrout
06-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Nice going Greg!
It was good seeing you up there and all of us hanging at Parcher's to watch the game.

Eat Sleep Fish
06-22-2010, 01:00 AM
I've done many 50+ fish days at Intake 2 a few years back. My best being 67 in one day.

billy b
06-22-2010, 06:38 AM
I got the privelege of meeting Greg ... and he's a great guy ... has witnesseses to back him up on the 30 ... and is also an "up front" Laker fan. I wonder if any of you have tried the new Gulp red worms also?

City Dad
06-22-2010, 10:11 AM
30? yeah right!

woa, woa, woa... hate the game, not tha playa:ROFL:

Thirty is the accepted quantity of fish caught if you catch more than "a lot." It's a good, round number that says "fishing kicked arse today!"

When I hear a guy tell me he caught thirty fish I have no doubt that it must have been pretty close to wide-open and I'm sure that sometimes, the guy probably did catch thirty fish.

Now, when you get into numbers like sixty and seventy, you're usually talking about a thirty fish day plus beer or liquor.

one hundred fish days... well, that can be open to interpretation.

thedeadone
06-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Greg, how do you rig up and fish the red power worm? and what size worm?

SierraPeaks
06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
woa, woa, woa... hate the game, not tha playa:ROFL:

Thirty is the accepted quantity of fish caught if you catch more than "a lot." It's a good, round number that says "fishing kicked arse today!"

When I hear a guy tell me he caught thirty fish I have no doubt that it must have been pretty close to wide-open and I'm sure that sometimes, the guy probably did catch thirty fish.

Now, when you get into numbers like sixty and seventy, you're usually talking about a thirty fish day plus beer or liquor.

one hundred fish days... well, that can be open to interpretation.

In that case...I've had hundreds sixty and seventy fish days....LMAO.

billy b
06-22-2010, 12:01 PM
GREG -

Are you using the regular old Power Worms? Any experience with the new Gulp red ones?

Fisherman57
06-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Got to watch the Lakers capture another title while hanging out at Parchers, thanks to Smitty who put this TV outside so we didn't have to truck down to the packed Bishop Creek Lodge.

Took my time this morning, ate the Parchers breakfast the hit Intake 2 at 9:30. There were at least a dozen tubers on this body of water. Hooked up over 30 stockers from my tube jigging a red power worm. Donna and her dad, Bob got to watch my show. This my second time to this Team 57 event in the Sierras. Thanks for putting this on!!!

Nice seeing you at this years event Greg!........
Always a pleasure and thank you for the raffle donation offer!

Congrats on the success at Intake II........ you are without a doubt a very skilled angler.

30? yeah right!

Uh, like many others at Intake II, I watched him do it. I was there.
GREAT FIRST POST! :Rolls Eyes:

Wingnut
06-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Greg, U da Man! It was great seeing you again this year at Parcher's. :Cool:
I predict that you will get your first legal Halibut out of the surf this year! :Wink:
BTW - Your Lakers season seats are WAY better than mine. :LOL: :Envious:

Trout 1
06-24-2010, 01:22 PM
30? yeah right!

I went in may and caught 45 in less than 3hours plus what my family got......its not un heard of on the 395......

Trout 1

blackwater
06-24-2010, 09:58 PM
hey Greg! nice to meet you up in the Sierra's.... when i get my boat you are welcome aboard...

TROUTMAN777
06-25-2010, 06:17 PM
nice seeing you at this years event greg!........
Always a pleasure and thank you for the raffle donation offer!

Congrats on the success at intake ii........ You are without a doubt a very skilled angler.

Uh, like many others at intake ii, i watched him do it. I was there.
Great first post! :rolls eyes:

when i hear guys say i caught 30, 45, or whatever, what do you do put notches on your handle or what? I can never keep track after like 10-15. I fished intake the weekend before and didnt see 30 fish all weekend. So you must be the man. Although i can say i have had some pretty epic sessions at gull and south lake using orange and red gulp worms they work killer in the sierras. And the natural color worked great in rush creek. Peace.