PDA

View Full Version : aqueduct fishing...

Eddiem
06-18-2010, 10:12 AM
does anyone know what is needed to go fishing there??

madwire3
06-18-2010, 11:54 AM
pole, tackle, fishing license

Eddiem
06-18-2010, 02:09 PM
thanks thought you needed one of those passes

stg68
06-18-2010, 02:22 PM
madwire3, you forgot about real and some line on it

Eddiem
06-18-2010, 02:26 PM
haha...any one know if anchovies are doing good??

Dalizzy07
06-18-2010, 02:38 PM
yea take you some anchovies and chicken liver out there

madwire3
06-18-2010, 03:10 PM
theres plenty of line laying along the fences just grab a handfull and tie it to the pole recycle hah,
yeah take chovies and liver like dalizzy said, nightcrawlers as well but ive never caught anything but small cats out of there with crawlers

Optimist
06-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Can anyone PM me the location? I am in Arcadia area. I have never fishing the duct. But I keep seeing lots of people caught striped from the duct, and I want to try my luck there too. Thanks!

madwire3
06-18-2010, 03:36 PM
its a longgggg canal u know this right? there tons of spots u can fish from and dont be upset if ur skunked it happens out there with bait and wait. but yeah lots of good fish been pulled out the last few weeks, dunno where arcadia is so wouldnt know what to tell ya on a good location

Optimist
06-19-2010, 01:07 AM
its a longgggg canal u know this right? there tons of spots u can fish from and dont be upset if ur skunked it happens out there with bait and wait. but yeah lots of good fish been pulled out the last few weeks, dunno where arcadia is so wouldnt know what to tell ya on a good location

~_~! I don't even know where is the channel start or end, and Arcadia is next to Pasadena. The freeway near by my place are freeway 210, 10, and 60. I will not upset if I do not catch anything because I am very new fisherman. I start learning how to fish since last year in May. In addition, the longest period that I didn't catch any fish at all was more than 6 months. However, I never give up and keep going out fishing every Saturday. So, wherever is a good place to fishing, I will give it a try. Therefore, could you give me a direction how can I go to the duct side. I will walk along the channel to start learning the duct side. Thank you very much. ^_^

madwire3
06-19-2010, 01:37 AM
download google earth things great for finding spots u can fallow dirt roads and such and see where spot may be accessable, ill look right now for ur area for spots id try but can tay they would be worthy or not , worth a try at least

update just looked where arcadia is,, im not sure but i thought the ducts basically stops at castaic i may be very wrong maybe someone else can help but yeah no idea where to tell u to try if ur wanting striper i believe the last couple pyramid reports where good on stripers so if ya got a boat thatd be an idea if not ,,, well no idea unless ur up to a drive theres a few ok spots near the grapevine but not like what u might get at pyramid from experince with those spots and what ive seen from pyramid right now... the duct is a chance for some greatness but its rare, maybe someone else could chime in.....

Nessie Hunter
06-19-2010, 07:20 AM
~_~! I don't even know where is the channel start or end,

The Edmund G. Brown "California Aqueduct" is the state's largest and longest water transport system, stretching 444 miles from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta in the north to Lake Perris in Southern California.

Actually the Open Aqueduct (fish-able) ends at Lake Silverwood, it is underground after that to Perris...
You can follow it on google maps or Map quest.

Striper bill has a very informative website on where & how to fish it...
http://www.aqueductfishing.zoomshare.com/

From Arcadia, the closest area would be Palmdale (Striper Bills area).
210 frwy to I-5, No on I-5 to the 14 frwy, and into Palmdale....
Follow Bills suggestions from there....

sawoobley
06-19-2010, 07:31 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?47057-New-to-the-site-need-some-info-on-the-duct

This thread will show you addresses to fish the duct on the eastern most side. Otherwise you can go west to palmdale on the 14 just below lake palmdale and use google earth to follow the duct. It is going to be a good drive for you.

Most reports are from the west side in Bakersfield and palmdale but if you really never give up try Hesperia and report back when you eventually catch one. The fishable part of the duct ends at Silverwood. You can follow it about 400 miles north west along the 5 freeway. Plenty of places to fish.

:Cool:

Optimist
06-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Thanks for all of you. You Guys are very nice to give me all of the information that I need to know how to get to the duct. I will give it a try later on because right now I am learning the newport beach fishing area. Today, I went to newport beach fishing for more than 12 hours. Dam, It is very very tired. I caught mainly "mackerel" one after another one (total 40+). They just can't stop biting our cut bait sardine. I also caught some 1 to 2 lbs Kelp bass (all released). But, I didn't caught what I wish to catch spot bass. So I am going to fishing newport beach next week, and hope I can learn more about newport fishing.

Frenchy
06-20-2010, 01:22 AM
hey opt pm me when your goin to Newport ill take you out there and get you on some spotties just pm me a few days befre you want to go so i can clear my schedule and ill get you on a spottie

Optimist
06-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Thank you Frenchy. I will be going back to Newport beach 6/26/10, and if you have time on Saturday. I will PM you my contact information. Then, we can meet up there.