PDA

View Full Version : I have the boat, you the technique, let's go fish! Marina del Rey

sergvit
06-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi,
I am new in Marina del Rey.
I am just arriving from Europe (Italy) and I have a boat.

I'm used to fish in the Mediterranean see that as you can understand is absolutely different from the Ocean.

For this reason I am interested in going to fish with someone that knows some techniques used in here.

We could go out, share the cost of the fuel (it is not a big thing) and go fishing.

Mainly during the weed-ends.

Just let me know if you are interested.

Cheers,
Sergio

DockRat
06-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Welcome to FNN. I can't believe nobody has responded yet.
DR

fisherman from long beach
06-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Welcome to FNN. I can't believe nobody has responded yet.
DR

i would think people need to get to know this person b4 you go and jump on somebodies boat.D.R . why havent you taken this opportunity and show him the ropes?

sergvit
06-22-2010, 06:53 AM
lol u mean they are scared I'm a bad guy? lol
Anyway, if someone wants, I'll be more than happy to get out but forget about me putting a CV on this post to offer someone the very nice opportunity to get out and fish :D
Cheers,
Sergio

DockRat
06-22-2010, 06:57 AM
Yah right. Just turned down a Coronados trip. My 18' boat in the water in SP turn key, full of gas hasn't been out this month.
And I have only taken one day off work this month.
DR

DockRat
06-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Hey Sergio, how about some background info.
Age ect.

I bet this Pedro Pisano $20 Germany will go farther than Italy in Copa de Mundo.
DR

Cangler
06-22-2010, 07:06 AM
I've seen enough cowboys at sea tio jump on any boat , remember HH ?

sergvit
06-22-2010, 07:38 AM
lol yes
Italy+France are doing zero :(

I'm 32, I'm work as Finance Auditor and I just arrived in the US 1 month ago and the first thing I did, was purchasing a boat :)

S

What fo you mean with:

Yah right. Just turned down a Coronados trip. My 18' boat in the water in SP turn key, full of gas hasn't been out this month.
DR

fisherman from long beach
06-22-2010, 08:14 AM
lol yes
Italy+France are doing zero :(

I'm 32, I'm work as Finance Auditor and I just arrived in the US 1 month ago and the first thing I did, was purchasing a boat :)

S

What fo you mean with:

DR
sounds to me he has his own boat and doesnt need to ride share.sergvit,your pretty new to the site,just post up or comment on some peoples thread and let people get familiar with you.you might be a real cool guy,but how do we know,why dont you try launching your boat out in the harbor and catch some fish or try, people will help you out on what rods,baits,lb line,etc.launching a boat is not that hard,ive done it,and im still new to the boat scene.some people put rendevous to meet up here or there.just get your face out there.ive met fishbones,fishstix,gletemfeelthesteel,noho art,gayordy bass,troutonly,real truth hard core fisher peeps.give it some time and people will be using you for your boat,lol.just joking.have a good day,fisherman from long beach

DockRat
06-22-2010, 06:51 PM
What fo you mean with:

DR

D.R . why havent you taken this opportunity and show him the ropes?

There was a reply telling me I should go out with you fishing with you.

What kind of boat did you get ? Size, year ect.

How about a FNN group trip.

Does it look like this. LOL

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo151/blackhawksalltheway/CIMG2037.jpg

Marsaxxlok fishing village
Fishing boats in Italian villiage of Malta

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/kellbug1450/Mediterranean%20Cruise%202009/DSC00580.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh267/marcogennari/image001-16.jpg
And in exactly in this spot we are designing one of the hugest traffic jams in the world!

Do Italian Boats Break Down Alot Like The Cars ? :ROFL:

F ix
I it
A again
T ony

FYI; Pedro Pisano is a Italian from San Pedro.

Just jokeing above (USA Clowning Around Humor) DR

EL_CHIDO
06-22-2010, 08:43 PM
I have just a couple questions before I jump on:

1. Are you an axe-murderer? I'll believe you if you say "no".
2. Can I bring my own beer? Peroni just doesn't do it for me.

dfisher
06-22-2010, 10:24 PM
you got me, but lets take it to first base and hop on a lake instead.

Swank909
06-22-2010, 10:29 PM
I have just a couple questions before I jump on:

1. Are you an axe-murderer? I'll believe you if you say "no".
2. Can I bring my own beer? Peroni just doesn't do it for me.

There is aboslutely nothing wrong with some ice cold Peroni!

JimmyVosler
06-23-2010, 06:25 AM
I just moved to CA myself. I am excited about getting into southern CA fishing. I am moving to North Hollywood.
I was thinking I could start at the Santa Monica pier...but i digress...

Maybe we can get together at a pier or shore fish first? I think thats most first baseish...I think a lake is second base.

Theo
06-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Sergio,

My advice to you to get started is to take a trip down to Marina Del Rey this weekend. Swing by the local landing and check out some of the "party boats" and what they offer. You can book a trip with them and they will take you to the local fishing grounds and tell you exactly what to do to get some fish. Make and take notes. If you speak with the Captain he probably won't even mind if you take GPS readings! Not much out here is a secret anymore. You should be able to learn a lot.

Most of the landings also have pretty decent tackle shops nearby. Stroll in and explain what you are looking for. Start by asking for fishing chart and book recommendations. Then ask what kind of gear they recommend. They should take good care of you if they want your repeat business.

This should get you started. But, much of what you do here will depend on your boat and your seafaring experience. Again a trip on a local "party boat" should answer most of your questions.

Enjoy your weekend and Good Luck.

elevated
06-26-2010, 04:19 PM
this thread is funny!

WARRIORMIKE
06-27-2010, 10:52 PM
I saw this video today. Just thought of this post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psp9cj9LsQs&feature=related

BGH is at 1:47

DockRat
06-28-2010, 06:30 AM
I saw this video today. Just thought of this post

BGH is at 1:47

Your killing me. http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii245/DElouise_photos/rolling.gif

' Honey, how was fishing with your new friend ? and why are you walking funny ?

'
DR

JapanRon
06-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Hi sergvit,

Welcome. You'd be surprised at how picky hard-core, PB experienced, non-boating guys are !! The nightmare guest stories are a million on a boat but there are a million nightmare boat-owner stories ... notice I didn't say skippers too. Inexperienced boater/angler status is not the main issue with experienced anglers ... it's the prospect of being trapped on a boat with someone that you discover is 180 degrees opposite yourself in temperament, expectations, and everything else !! :( Example: Once on the boat, and you're out and on your way, often it's amost impossible (as a guest) to get some adolecent donkey ...... that has his 'parts' connected to the throttle and is soooo happy to beat the crap out of the hapless guest just so they can show how fast they can drive their sled ......... to slow down!

Sometimes it's just personality. This is why I myself don't go on multi-day trips ..... it only takes on &#$% to make me want to revert to behavior I would not be proud of from the old days.

Another good suggestion given ...... is for you to ask questions here for an expedition on your own and do a detailed report. Another idea is to see if someone might be willing to buddy-boat with you to kinda show you the ropes .... not their fishing spots !! :)

Good luck and await a report in the near future,

JapanRon

As said previously .... if I haven't spent a couple of hours hangin' out with someone .... I ain't steppin' on their boat !!

Seņor.Chilax
06-28-2010, 03:07 PM
JapanRon, We've never meet but I was wondering if you would like to go fishing on my boat. Please... Pretty please. HAHAHA!

andyhucks
06-29-2010, 03:37 AM
Hey check your private message, I would Love to fish with ya.