PDA

View Full Version : truxtun carpin 6/16

madwire3
06-17-2010, 12:55 PM
went to truxton for a couple hours, hit the usual spot for some carp fun, 30 minutes in no jingle no jangle just linerunning to the left, picked it up applied pressure and bam fight on, 11.5 lb carp not huge but double d's do it for me... was the only catch besides a 6 inch bass and a few bluegills on mealworms,, bait of choice sweet corn with one honey nut cheerio put on the hook 'through the hole" then a mealworm stuck through the side to hold the cheerio on,, great combo for carp theyll eat corn but tend to take it more aggressively if u add the cereal and worm,, always with a size 4 eagle claw circle hook,, and i wore greyish blue boxer breifs

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/146/l_2b106aa7230c414c835b0e92b7dca5bb.jpg

and heres one of the 14 lber from a couple months ago same area, so here it is

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/122/l_9d003ae9629846cbb7800f9058d9b758.jpg

was this descriptive enough?? haha

cartmanis
06-17-2010, 05:43 PM
greyish blue shorts was the key imo LOL

cutbait
06-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Im jealous.

Nuff said

madwire3
06-17-2010, 05:49 PM
i have no luck on huge stripers "or any for that matter", and rarely get a catfish over 2 lbs but i can get those carp... waiting for a 20+ lber, wanna get one before the end of this year

RAY ONE
06-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Nice job Madwire. I fished lake ming yesterday for a few hrs. for nothing but, noticed a whole lot of dead carp floating around.

nismotech91
06-17-2010, 10:02 PM
I always seen carp swimmin around at Truxton but never attempted to catch em.

Good job.

madwire3
06-18-2010, 12:27 AM
yah i mess with the bass here and there out there but its a lot of work for less then decent results, there are a few decent bass in there but most are so scarred up and skinny i dont waste much time with them, waste my time on carp and have u seen some of the white and black koi in there? theres a bunch of them and hugee id say 13-16 lbs on some of em, only one i seen the last day out there was one about 8 inches sitting under the trees with a bigger goldfish and a 5 lb carp,,, oddball mix, was no way to get bait in to them due to the tight cover of the tree though,

BONUS REPORT FOR CARP
tonight i hit the duct up, the ol lady wanted to catch something big so we hit a easy spot... doesnt get much easier then this spot, i baited one pole with liver one with shad and my second with corn on my usual carp rig.. corn got hammered once but no fish,, recasted with fresh bait set it down walked over and as i sat down jingle jingle, told the girly to grab it as i took the bell off and the fight was on.. like 8-10 minutes later i was able to net it.."forgot the good flashlight and had a crappy little one, hard netting in the dark" then realized my scale was really screwed up time for a new one but id guesstimate 12 to 14 lbs it was very close to the size of my 14 lber maybe even more not sure... was the only fish for the couple hours we where there, couple taps on the shad and liver and one other hit on corn but was slowwww.. seen a racoon and a beaver.. yeah a beaver swam across the duct and took off into the canal. i was glad she got a big fish she doesnt care what kind they are shes still learning, even asked "what kind is it" yeah that much of a fresh fisherwoman anyways heres the pic we got, not great but eh its a pic,, big fat healthy carp.. oh and she got it in on my 6lb setup, needed minimal coaching, she did great
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/117/l_07ec3d05c62c47b18b2591ab2ce7a60f.jpg

cutbait
06-18-2010, 04:50 AM
Dem are good eatin right dare!

WTG Mrs Wire

madwire3
06-18-2010, 11:53 AM
nasty
wednesday this older black gentleman seen me release the 11.5 lber he came over and swore they are the best eating, ive tried it twice, wasnt even ok, could eat it the first time at all and the second time was better but still blah, still waiting on one of these great carp cooks to show me something different, all they are good for so far is a good fight and ive heard good fertilizer

Fishbones
06-18-2010, 12:24 PM
carp,.,.,. the other white meat.,.,lol congrats on the catch..