PDA

View Full Version : TossBackTuesday on the Toronado

FISHSTIX
06-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Fished the Toronado yesterday for my second moo-moo trip in years. Met up with JapanRon on the boat and soon after, Alex (Fishbones) came over and introduced himself.
We fished local just outside the breakwall and joined the Victory, Matt Walsh, Enterprise, Patriot, SoCal and many others getting in on the 'cuda frenzy.
I started out throwing a P-line (piece of junk) jig til the all the paint chipped off, which was after 30
casts and one fish, then switched to a Tady45 and got some good fish, one would be the jackpot contender that went 6.3. Switched over to an Ironman5 and got a nice sandie on the first drop, then went to plastics and got my first swimbait 'cuda.
Around 10 I get a call from work asking if I could be in at 2:30? But since last week I had scheduled myself to be in at 7 because I was gonna be out fishing til 3. I told them "im out on the pacific ocean right now, so thats not gonna happen". Then I get a txt saying "please come in ASAP". So much for a schedule...
The bite never really went w/o but there was a decent amount of fish being bounced over the rail til about noon. Since the bite was pretty much done with I called it quits and went down for a power nap. Back at the dock alittle after 3 and in the valley at work by 5.
I ended up with 6 'cuda's, 1 sandie, and a 2# rock with kelp growing on it. lol. Alex smashed my jackpot fish and won by a 1/2#.
Sorry for the lack of pix, my camera batt. was dead but I got a couple on the cell...

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/FISHSTIX_bucket/61520102.jpg

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/FISHSTIX_bucket/61520101.jpg

All fish were c&r as this was the TossBackTuesday event held by Tom Raftican and his crew from the Sportfishing Conservancy. Capt. Raymond put us on more fish than last time and the crew is a good bunch of guys. All in all it was a nice trip. Plus, the goodie bag was like icing on the cake to a good day.

murrieta angler
06-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Hey Fishstix,
Sucks about work, but al least you got on a good amount of fish.
Yeah, I heard Alex can fish a little...lol
Thanks for the report and pics,
Robert

JapanRon
06-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi FISHSTIX,

Great little report !! Nice fishing with you again. Ya ...... while you were on the snooze .. a number of us decided as you may have already ..... the heck with the cuda and began to target other species. You can only catch so many cuda. I believe the crew did a fantastic job given the difficulty of helping to land, unhook, and return unharmed, all those toothy critters.

Great trip ..... how many times can one get tired of catching fish !! Hope to see you next trip !!

JapanRon

Fishbones
06-18-2010, 05:09 PM
What up fIsHsTiX,

Great meeting you and japanron, goodtimes fishing the slime, sorry bout the jackpot cuda steal..lol
your a diehard fisherman,.,., work,fish,work.,.,thats how its done.,.,lets get out there again man!

Zach1093
06-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Looks like a great trip man, I'm going out next tuesday on the Victory. The Toronado has always looked like a great boat and yet again it looks like the captain puts you guys on the fish. I need to hop on for a trip sometime. Congrats guys!