PDA

View Full Version : Night float tube and kayak fishing.

laznbboi
06-16-2010, 10:51 AM
At Castaic lake has night fishing this Saturday, from 6:00p.m. to midnight. My first time out there with kayak, I need advice from anyone. Thank you!

laznbboi
06-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Look like I have to go the lake on Saturday night to clearn myself and get experience. Thanks for reading my post.

ezcompany
06-17-2010, 12:32 PM
i would help but i know nothing of that lake to contribute : (

laznbboi
06-17-2010, 03:05 PM
If I want to catch the fish, I have to learn and do more home work. I know ocean more than fresh water, thank you for responsed.

plastics
06-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Lots of guys on the board that seem more dialed in at the lagoon than me lately, but I do know this ... you're pretty much guaranteed to get bit on a drop shot, but you do have to texas rig the worm right now b/c of the weeds. Good old Robo worm, oxblood/red flake always works and black grape also works at night out there. I also really like throwing senkos at the lagoon when the weeds grow in like they are now. Every time you pull that senko through and out of a weed clump, let it fall. Senko has always been my number one big fish bait at the lagoon, but the big girls will for sure eat that robo worm too. Good luck out there!

THROWBACK RANGER
06-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Be careful at the lagoon at night... Black Widows EVERYWHERE ! I must have seen 50+ within 2 hours last week on a night mission,,,, couldnt concentrate enough to fish... Ground spiders EVERYWHERE, after I saw my second Brown Recluse, I LEFT !!!
I know they arent native to here but with all the campers there this time of year its not unheard of for them to catch a ride in/on someones RV..

HBAR
06-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Well I think considering most of us going to the event tonight will be in float tubes, Kayaks, pontoon float boats we wont be worried about spiders, I've never seen a swimming spider.

laznbboi
06-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Don't scare me, first time for me @ lagon (lower lake) and don't know any area. I will report back what I catch tonight. Thanks your guys!

HBAR
06-20-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't know about the rest of the guys who were there, I got skunked in fact I think most of us did. I did watch this one guy on a regular boat fight a 3lb LMB for way longer then he should have and kept on saying happy fathers day to me, I wanted to say ok show off get the fish in the boat take your pic and shut the hell up

SoCalSteve
06-20-2010, 09:55 AM
I don't know about the rest of the guys who were there, I got skunked in fact I think most of us did. I did watch this one guy on a regular boat fight a 3lb LMB for way longer then he should have and kept on saying happy fathers day to me, I wanted to say ok show off get the fish in the boat take your pic and shut the hell up

I'd be very suprised if most people got skunked...that's pretty hard to do this time of the year at the lagoon especially at night....just sayin...

HBAR
06-20-2010, 09:57 AM
well I didn't talk to the group who made it all the way out to the run off on the left side, but everyone right there by the cove didn't do jack

laznbboi
06-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Launch my kayak around 6:00 p.m. Not too many float tubes were there, from 6 to 10:00 p.m. cover some area no bite at all. I have the picture from the guy who on the aluminum boat caugth the large mouth bass and released the fish. all night, I don't see any float tubes catch any fish after that, but I have good time on the water. I have some pictures last night, but don't know to up load.

GotBass?
06-20-2010, 04:57 PM

A bit cranky are we? Less whinning and more fishing. Dont bad mouth some dude because he caught fish and you didnt whether he fought it for an hour or for a minute. If you are getting skunked on the lagoon this time of year at night youre not fishing the right places or youre not throwing what they want.

stg68
06-21-2010, 06:38 AM
A bit cranky are we? Less whinning and more fishing. Dont bad mouth some dude because he caught fish and you didnt whether he fought it for an hour or for a minute. If you are getting skunked on the lagoon this time of year at night youre not fishing the right places or youre not throwing what they want.

I am agree with GotBass , right place and right lures will do the trick.

HBAR
06-21-2010, 09:40 AM
yeah I know threw just about everything I had, was all over the place just didn't make it out to the back of the lagoon left side run off, maybe next time I will.

GotBass?
06-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Drop shot is always a sure bet on the lagoon.

HBAR
06-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Bro I did drop shot in multiple locations nothin, well there's always next time

laznbboi
06-22-2010, 08:50 AM
http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view

Tried to post the pictures on that night ( June 19,2010) I don't know is working or not.

laznbboi
06-24-2010, 08:25 PM
http://wwfishingnetworknet.shutterfly.com/pictures/16

HBAR
06-24-2010, 10:16 PM
bro what's up with the picture, their not coming out on this end?

laznbboi
06-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Sorry, Devildog. I tried to load the picture, but I don't known why the picture not come up. May be take me for while to understand how to load the pictures...

laznbboi
06-25-2010, 10:49 AM
http://wwwfishingnetwork.shutterfly.com

HBAR
06-25-2010, 06:10 PM
oh cool you got them up, I was off to the left when you took this picture, can't remember exactly do you have long hair?

laznbboi
06-27-2010, 04:16 PM
No, On that night. Only 1 kayak fishing that area, my wife and I.

LBSea
06-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Get a good head lamp that has a white & red light. The red is good for seeing when you don't want to draw attention and white is good when a boat is coming right at you. Don't forget your PFD I always wear my PFD at night.

LBSea

HBAR
06-27-2010, 08:39 PM
No, On that night. Only 1 kayak fishing that area, my wife and I.

Oh ok you were the Asian couple then cool, have met very few members from here