PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 6/13/2010 Late Report

fishing
06-16-2010, 12:51 AM
My brother and I fished the shore at Castaic most of the day. The bite was super slow. We had a total of 10 bites between the two of us and it seemed that other fishermen along the shore were experiencing the same slow bites. When the fish bit, they all bite hard and swallowed. We ended up taking 4 stripers home. I had my scale with me today. The fish were two around 1.6 lbs and two a little under 3 lbs.

Lots of lice scaring the fish away by zipping across the water around 12 feet from shore. It was pretty hot, so we brought lots of water. I met Edwin, a fellow fisherman who has fished often with me at Castaic. I'm not sure if he's on FNN. He had better luck by using lugworms. His total was 4 fish in about 5 hours, leaving around noon. My brother and I used cut sardines. It's late, I'll try and post some photos later.

Alex (Fishing)

Fishbones
06-16-2010, 11:10 AM
congrats Alex on the stripers, thanks for the report ,.,you should try nightcrawlers..

fishinone
06-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the report Alex.

Lugworms is news.

Congrats on the catch.

CAPT'N
06-16-2010, 12:34 PM
I hate lake lice!

Lug worms, blood worms, I have fished them both. I know many swear by them, but I have not done any better with them than night crawlers.

Capt'n

fishinone
06-16-2010, 01:59 PM
I hate lake lice!

Lug worms, blood worms, I have fished them both. I know many swear by them, but I have not done any better with them than night crawlers.

Capt'n

I've fished lug worms in the duct in Taft and done really well. Tried them in Castaic for nothing.

I've fished blood worm pieces with a half night crawler at Castaic and cleaned up when the fish wouldn't hit a nightcrawler alone.

fishing
06-16-2010, 06:55 PM
congrats Alex on the stripers, thanks for the report ,.,you should try nightcrawlers..

I've tried blood worms, red worms, and night crawlers. I just have no luck with any of them when fishing for stripers, but I've seen others catch plenty with blood worms when no one else is pulling up anything.

Thanks for the report Alex.

Lugworms is news.

Congrats on the catch.

Yeah, it was interesting to see the worms. They look exactly like the blood worms we were using, only difference was the green color.

I hate lake lice!

Capt'n

Same here.

I've fished lug worms in the duct in Taft and done really well. Tried them in Castaic for nothing.

I've fished blood worm pieces with a half night crawler at Castaic and cleaned up when the fish wouldn't hit a nightcrawler alone.

Interesting, maybe I'll try that. Thanks.