PDA

View Full Version : Catfish **Pics**

muskyman
06-15-2010, 08:34 PM
We have been gettin a few lately. All on bluegill.

troutdog
06-15-2010, 08:43 PM
THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Where you pullin those cats out of?

Thanks for sharing dude....

TD

muskyman
06-15-2010, 08:47 PM
These fish came out of braidwood lake, a nuclear power plant lake that is a bunch of strip mines that are flooded. The water temp is 89-90 degrees year round. It has bass,bluegill,crappie,walleye,stripers,flatheads,c hannels,blues and a shad population that is insane. The structure is insane. The front of your boat will be in 4 feet of water and the back will be in 40. The current rips through the lake like a river. Fishing ledges with live and dead bluegill is the ticket. I throw them on Power Pro 65 or 80lb braid, locked drag and hold on tight. They hit like yellowtail hit iron. I fought a flathead the other day that handed me my *** !

PONTOON
06-15-2010, 08:54 PM
See what I told you Troutdog!:Cool:

Dave, that is just awesome! Believe it or not I was just thinking about getting hold of you today to see how the fishing was going. But, now I know!
The last time we spoke you were heading up to Canadea but after seeing these pics and hearing about Braidwood Lake I think I could find me a home real quick!
Good hearing from you Dave, Great job and keep the pics and reports coming.

blackberg
06-15-2010, 08:59 PM
nice!
-bb

troutdog
06-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Was just checking it out online, looks like a must stop next time I'm in Chicago(folks are from there)....thanks for the 411, very cool! I like the name, kinda ironic in a way. Alright stupid question here(perhaps), do people eat fish out of there being a nuclear plant and all?

TD

Mondo21
06-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Beautiful Kitties. Cindy:Big Grin:

Fishbones
06-16-2010, 11:22 AM
awesome kitty fishing, thanks for sharing and getting me fired up to slay at chunky cat.

bluehunter
06-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Man Dave. I need to break out of Ca for a while and get a hold of some of that Midwest Action. Nice going man long time no hear.

B

VineAssist
06-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Let those babies go! Those are tiny!! Good god man I thought I would see some monster cats coming from the man the myth the legend. Ohh wait he cant even pick up a 78lber..hahhahaha. that thing ripped my hands up! Good job dave