PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon Pig 6/11

Fire Ball
06-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Sorry for the late report, but I haven't really felt like posting any reports lately, haha. Anyways, on Friday, we went for an afternoon session and started off in Hobie. My dad got 2 quick fish about 1 lb each there. We moved down and I started throwing my jerkbait. We were moving slowly on the trolling motor while I was throwing the jerkbait and as I got it about 10 or 15 ft away from the boat, I saw a little flash behind it. I pause my jerkbait and then BOOM, a bass slammed it. He was only about 1 lb or so though and I was about to flip him into the boat and he came off! Wow, my first fish of the day and it came off, lol. So we moved to a different area and my dad got a nice one weighing almost 3 lbs on a soft plastic jerkbait. Then I retied and put on a soft plastic jerkbait too (too weedy for the hard bait) and started making casts. As I was pausing the lure, I felt something and set the hook real hard. It felt like a big fish, maybe 5 lbs, but it only ended up being a little less than 2 lbs! Lol! He got down in the weeds and I brought it a few pounds of weeds with him, which made him feel a lot bigger! :LOL: It started getting later in the day and we were down to a few casts left before we had to make our way back to the dock. My dad made a cast and was working the soft jerkbait slowly and felt a little tap, but he didn't setting it, thinking it was just weeds. Then he felt it again and then one more time, then he finally set the hook! It was fighting well and we weren't sure if it was really a big fish or just a normal fish with a tons of weeds on it, haha. We got it near the boat and it almost got tangled in the anchor line, but my dad was able to muscle him away from the line. We got him to the boat and he was hard to fit in the net, lol. This fish weighed in at 6 lb 8 oz, which is a new PB for my dad! He was really excited about that fish and was bragging about it, haha. It was a great day for my dad, but not for me!

Here are the pictures of the better fish:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4439/bass81.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5099/dadbass18.jpg

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5459/dadbass19.jpg

stg68
06-15-2010, 06:15 PM
God job , guys !!!!!!!!!!
I will be there on weekend ...........

Fire Ball
06-15-2010, 06:16 PM
God job , guys !!!!!!!!!!
I will be there on weekend ...........

I'll probably be there too, but in the boat or maybe tube.

LuvThymetal
06-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Great job out there, props to your dad on that big bass!

Liteweight
06-16-2010, 04:25 AM
It was a great day for my dad, but not for me!

CONGRATS TO YOUR DAD. YOUR DAY DIDN'T SOUND SO BAD...YOU WERE OUT FISHING! I'M SURE YOU'LL HAVE MANY GOOD DAYS BEFORE THE SUMMERS' OUT, AND AT THE RATE YOUR GOING I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED TO SEE YOU WITH A DD ALSO.
I PLAN ON BEING OUT THERE ON SAT. NITE FOR THE FLOAT TUBE FISHING EVENT, IN MY BASS "BATTLEWAGON" (PAC 800) FOR MY CHANCE @ A "BIG 'UN".
LW.

Fishbones
06-16-2010, 11:05 AM
congrats on the goon slay fireball, you and dad got that place dialed in.,.,.sweet pics too..

Fire Ball
06-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Great job out there, props to your dad on that big bass!

Thanks.

It was a great day for my dad, but not for me!

CONGRATS TO YOUR DAD. YOUR DAY DIDN'T SOUND SO BAD...YOU WERE OUT FISHING! I'M SURE YOU'LL HAVE MANY GOOD DAYS BEFORE THE SUMMERS' OUT, AND AT THE RATE YOUR GOING I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED TO SEE YOU WITH A DD ALSO.
I PLAN ON BEING OUT THERE ON SAT. NITE FOR THE FLOAT TUBE FISHING EVENT, IN MY BASS "BATTLEWAGON" (PAC 800) FOR MY CHANCE @ A "BIG 'UN".
LW.

Well, my dad of FISHING wasn't too good. :LOL: All I caught was one, then lost one, and also had one follower on the Hudd! Ahh! If I caught all those fish though, it would have been good, for just a few hours. At least I caught some more a few days after, haha.
I will probably see you out at the Night Tubing Event. Make sure to say hi.

congrats on the goon slay fireball, you and dad got that place dialed in.,.,.sweet pics too..

Thanks fb. :Twisted:

ezcompany
06-17-2010, 12:35 PM
sweet session! great ur dad caught that big sucker!

BuzzBait
06-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Well done! Nice fish!
I get me one of those days when anything and everything i do just doesn't work. I'll catch a dink or two and sometimes catch a big skunk. Always keep in mind, it's always a good day when a lesson has been learned. It's always a good day when you're out fishing.