PDA

View Full Version : Great Open Bow Project Boat 4-Sale

kanco
07-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, I got this boat from my brother's friend who left it at my house when he moved to Vegas.

I started working on it and cleaning out but I am now moving and won't have a place to store two boats so this one must go. I will be keeping my aluminum skiff and my Striper. I already pay storage fees on my Striper and don't want to pay to store this boat.

Anyhow, I clean out the boat and started working on the he engine but just haven't been able to get to start. It cranks over but I don't know why I am not getting a spark on the plugs. If you are mechanically inclined and would like to finish what i started, you can pick this boat cheap! It would make a great local water or lake boat with plenty of fishing area.

So here are the basic details and pictures:

Open bow boat and trailer. Needs some mechanical work and tlc.

Volvo AQ120B four cylinder engine with 270 lower unit in great shape. Oil was drained and is it all looks good. Boat is sold "AS-IS" Bill of sale will be provided but NO PINK SLIP is available.

If interested, give me a call or email Asking $300 for the boat and trailer. must be picked up before August 1.

The boat:
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/March07023.jpg

The Volvo AQ120B Engine with battery:
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/March07026.jpg

The fishing area: Seats have been removed but I have them next to the boat.
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/March07025.jpg

Different view of fishing area. Upholstery needs love but it is easy to repair and i can guide you to a shop that will sell you padding cheap.
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/March07024.jpg

Well, thats it, if interested give me a call or email me;

Cya
Edwin
erivas3@lausd.net (mailto:erivas3@lausd.net)
626-695-1127

Doe
07-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Thats a bargain, the drive alone is worth more than that

kanco
07-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I could probably get a heck of a lot more if I part out the engine and crap the boat and sell the trailer, but i just simply don't have the time now. Lowerunit alone are selling between $300-$600 if you have the time to remove, clean, paint and deal with the shipping headaches.

Plenty of people nation wide are using the volvo penta....but I just don't have the time now....First person with cash on had an a vehicle to tow it away takes it.

PACKING & MOVING SUCKS!

5150xj
07-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I could probably get a heck of a lot more if I part out the engine and crap the boat and sell the trailer, but i just simply don't have the time now. Lowerunit alone are selling between $300-$600 if you have the time to remove, clean, paint and deal with the shipping headaches.

Plenty of people nation wide are using the volvo penta....but I just don't have the time now....First person with cash on had an a vehicle to tow it away takes it.

PACKING & MOVING SUCKS!

Well I picked this boat up today. Thanks Edwin. Got it home and removed the electric ignition you had in it. Installed the points and condenser, tightened the plugs and off it ran. Sounds good. Still have to time it. The reason, or a reason, you had no spark when the points were in was the wire going into the distributor to the points was not secure. So it would pop out of its holder and ground out the points. It appears to have the wrong plastic holder or clip thing that attaches to the distributor. Just wondering did you replace the distrinutor? It looks new. Off to DMV tomorrow :roll:
Anyway thanks again hope to have it in the water soon.
Tim

kanco
07-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Glad you got the sucker running!

Told you guys that it was a steal! I just ran out of time to work on the boat. But it is a great fishing platform that should serve you guys well.

Make sure to fill the lower unit, remember that I drained it and was about to change the oil.

For everyone else emailing me.

BOAT IS SOLD!

Sorry I didn't reply to your emails and phone messages this weekend. I was in the mountains and had no signal.

Check out my fishing report on the Freshwater forum!

Enjoy the boat time and now go get some feeeeeesh!