PDA

View Full Version : Rock Pile Yellows

Which Way Out
06-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Did the overnight out of H & M on the Sea Adventure ll ( fished Monday ). We woke up to a slight overcast morning and started fishing. Dropped to the bottom for a little while and picked a PB sculpin and a bunch of other rock fish. Around 8 am the yellows started to show up and there were chasing bait all around the boat. Our cook hooked up right away and had his and then schooled us on how to do it. I copied him move for move and just could not get bit. He would hook up another and hand it off to anyone nearby and take that fishermans rod and hook up with it and pass it off all while no one was getting bit. The fish were played hard by each until either a seal got it or the line would bust. Big Yellows. 30 lb class. Not sure how many made it on the boat and I haven't checked the count yet. We hung in there most of the day and at one time I counted 5 hooked at the same time including the only one I hooked. Great battle on my PB Yellowtail. Worried like H*** a seal would get it before deckhand Patrick could gaf it. We got it near the boat and he stuck it and over it came, and then I got the same thing Murretia Angler aka Robert had Sat. when we last chatted THE SHAKES:Shocked: Disbelief that I finely got one and to see it hit the deck was way cool. Had to add this here JACK POT FISH by the way.......:Big Grin: For the rest of the day everyone fished hard and a great time was had by all. As the day whined down we hit the kelp south of the islands and got into a WOB of Barracudas. All big ones. Had a blast with those and some Calico's as well. The Capt. pulled the biggest Calico I 've ever seen, maybe 6 to 7 lbs. and released it back. Made another quick stop for rock fish on the way back so the guys could get more for there bags and headed home. FNN member G-Mart and I grabbed a quick dinner in SD and made it back to Santa Barbara by 12:30am. Of course the conversation on the way home was how and when do we get back down there and do it all again.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/SanDiegoYellowtail006.jpg

JapanRon
06-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi Which Way Out,

Congrats on the PB rattler !! Sounds like a great day .... lost fish or not !!

Ohhhhhhhh that's right !! PB yellow too !! WTG !!

JapanRon

elevated
06-16-2010, 05:26 AM
congrats on the new PB's. I love that boat's crew, freaking awesome guys to fish with and hilarious as hell!

Dwchkypmp20
06-16-2010, 05:34 AM
trying to get a group together to do the 1.5 outta HnM, good to know its starting to pop off!

murrieta angler
06-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Awesome job Bill!!!
I'm glad to read you got 2 P.B.'s in 1 day.
I had read the report for the boat and saw they only reported a handful of YT's and was hoping you got your's and you did!
Wish I could have went, but work before pleasure during this recession.
I didn't hop on the 1 1/2 day boat, as the early reports said the Bluefins had moved on and were no where to be found.
I did take my son fishing for a few hours, before the Laker Massacre!!! I'll report this afternoon.
Again, congrats on the fish,
Robert

Fishbones
06-16-2010, 10:55 AM
congrats on the PB yellow shakes.,.,oyeah thats how you know it was awesome.,.,congrats again..