PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Best Steak House in Bakersfield

Bassnman Mike
06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm going to be in Bakersfield next week and the wife wants a good steak so with cost being no object, Where's the Best Steak House in Bakersfield?

Thanks

BassnMan Mike

cutbait
06-14-2010, 06:36 PM
In my opinion I rate them in this order.

1 Black Angus
2 Hungry Hunter
3 Tahoe Joes
4 Outback
5 Crystal Palace
6 T-bones steakhouse

How about Basque? I would strongly suggest Woolgrowers. I have been craving pickled tongue and marinated onions and tomato's

Petroleum club is great, but requires tie and very formal

What part of town are you going to be in?
Crystal Palace may get points for the experience if you haven't been there before. Not sure if they have a live band everyday of the week but Sat. nights are booming {if you like country}

Bassnman Mike
06-14-2010, 06:48 PM
In my opinion I rate them in this order.

1 Black Angus
2 Hungry Hunter
3 Tahoe Joes
4 Outback
5 Crystal Palace
6 T-bones steakhouse

How about Basque? I would strongly suggest Woolgrowers. I have been craving pickled tongue and marinated onions and tomato's

Petroleum club is great, but requires tie and very formal

What part of town are you going to be in?
Crystal Palace may get points for the experience if you haven't been there before. Not sure if they have a live band everyday of the week but Sat. nights are booming {if you like country}

Thanks Mike, I was hoping you or TB would chime in. I was thinking Black Angus because they usually are pretty good no matter where you go.

The wife has an appointment at the Foot and Ankle Institute on Stockdale Hwy so that will put us basically in the middle of Bakersfield, I think, HA!

SierraPeaks
06-14-2010, 06:51 PM
The best steak in Bakersfield...by far. (I used to live in Bakersfield and have been to all of them)

K C Steak House
2515 F Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301
(661) 322-9910‎

Bassnman Mike
06-14-2010, 07:09 PM
I just Googled the Crystal Palace, never been there, it seems pretty interesting. Is the food any good?

The best steak in Bakersfield...by far. (I used to live in Bakersfield and have been to all of them)

K C Steak House
2515 F Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301
(661) 322-9910‎

Thanks, I'll have to Google it. What do you suggest off the menu?

cutbait
06-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Ahh the lingerie show at the KC steakhouse.. Mondays at noon. I think its monday.

Another good one

Yeah go to the Crystal Palace. You won't be dissapointed. And some Buck Owens history

SierraPeaks
06-14-2010, 08:45 PM
I just Googled the Crystal Palace, never been there, it seems pretty interesting. Is the food any good?

Thanks, I'll have to Google it. What do you suggest off the menu?

It's been a while since I've been there...but the thick cut Porterhouse is unbelievable !

trail blazer
06-15-2010, 04:06 PM
I TOO WOULD SAY KC STEAKHOUSE,,,,,,,,THEN BLACK ANGUS ,,,,,,,,,,,,,I dont beleave the underware show is still going on
AT KCs,,,,,,,,,,could be wrong though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cry stal pallace is a super cool place .

BUT KCs would be my 1st choice

Bassnman Mike
06-17-2010, 06:43 AM
Thanks for all the help guys. I forgot to mention that we will also be going out to dinner to celebrate her birthday and for some reason I really dont think the wife would enjoy celebrating her birthday eating steak with an underware show, HA!

I figure chances are we will either do Black Angus, which always seems to have good food, or the Crystal Pallace because it sounds like it would be interesting.

BassnMan Mike

tpfishnfool
06-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Tahoe Joes used to be great years ago. No more huh ?

SierraPeaks
06-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Of course you can always take an hour and a half drive north on I-5 on get the best steak on the planet at Harris Ranch.

Bassnman Mike
06-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Thanks again everyone.

haha this thread is kinda funny. mike, u dont like the steak in la?

HA! First off, I dont live in LA, I live in a small town where the best steak house is Sizzler, pretty bad huh? Actually, we do have a decent steak house near by, the Homestead, but they dont sell lobster. The reason I asked the question is because we are going to be in Bakersfield next week, the wife has a doctor appointment, and her birthday is during the same week so I figured I'd take her out to a good steak and lobster dinner.