PDA

View Full Version : redondo 1/2 day am 6-14

sandimasguy
06-14-2010, 03:42 PM
left the house at 6 am from san dimas with 3 of my friends. called and made a supposed reservation. we hit traffic here and there and the ride took like 1.5 hours to get there ( normally a 45 min drive ) and we called the landing at 7 am said we were still coming then again at 7:20 and said almost there. bat is set to depart at 7:30 according to thier site and people we talked to on the phone. well got to the landing parking lot at 7:28 according to my cell phone called again and they said to late the boat already left WTF. i look and see the redondo special at least 1/2 a mile outside the harbor. which i figure has to be at least 15 mins out. we were pissed needless to say. i went into the office to vent a little and get our ticket stamped for parking and the younger asian guy working there was giving us attitude and said the boat left on time. so when i leave the office i look again at my cell phone 7:34 is the time it says. so let me get this straight. the boat can load everyone and get 1/2 a mile outside the harbor in 4 mins? i know we messed up and ran a little late due to traffic but i figured calling and letting them know might get them to wait the whole 2 mins we were late. i guess they must be so busy on a monday morning that our $160 to get on the boat and the money we wouldhave spent on food/jackpot/fish cleaning etc is not needed. also there was another family of 3 leaving there that was "to late" to make the boat. after that i called a friend ofmine that used to fish there about 2-3 times a week and he sais that guy and the landing in general has lost alot of customers including him and all his friends due to the same type of attitudes and poor customer service. so i guess the days of getting out ofthe harbor in 5 mins on a redondo sportfishing boat are over for me. i own a restaurant and if i treated paying customers with reservations like that wen they showed up 5 mins late id have no customers.

sorry for venting but that is my fishing report for the day since they left us on the dock

4 people skunked couldnt even catch the boat LOL

i guess its long beach for me again next monday see ya wouldnt wanna be ya redondo sportfishing. hello berth 55 im back!!!

murrieta angler
06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
San Diego Brother...San Diego!!!

sandimasguy
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
a 45 min drive is already far enough in the morning then 45 min back after san diego is 2 hours away at least for me

RyO K
06-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Try Marina del Rey Sportfishing. they run a good operation there.

DockRat
06-14-2010, 07:16 PM
That sucks. The landing is up for sale.
DR

dfisher
06-15-2010, 10:39 PM
The owners are great people when they are in a good mood. Otherwise the customer service sucks unless they know you, they are also racist. The 1/2 day boats will leave earlier than normal if everyone there is on board and if they don't see anyone else walking up, especially in the morning.

FishinElectrician
06-16-2010, 07:06 PM
The owners are great people when they are in a good mood. Otherwise the customer service sucks unless they know you, they are also racist. Man, they are hella racist! Especially with those skinhead deckhands.

I remember goin on one of their boats with some of my boys, and once the deckhand saw us, he took off his t shirt , I guess tryin to let us see his lightning bolts and swastikas tattooed on his pink skin... He was rude as heck, and apparently didnt know how to say excuse me, cuz every time he passed by us at the rail, he would bump us or our rods. That is, until I told him to learn how to say excuse me. Then he turned into the friendliest man on earth. I havent went back since.

Zach1093
06-16-2010, 09:13 PM
pierpoint landing brother. best place there is.

EL_CHIDO
06-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Yeah man, I did Redondo on Saturday then 22nd Street on Sunday. It's a world of difference for the same price.
The Monte Carlo is a much bigger boat with a lot of room. The Redondo Special is the tiniest boat I've ever been on. The galley is pathetic and there is always functional problems. I've been on it 2 times and both times had anchor trouble. Spent more time screwing with the gear than letting us fish. Don't think I'll be returning.

smokehound
06-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Damn Ripr Im sorry you went through that BS.. Its chumps like that makin my skin color repulsive to people..

I feel uneasy on boats like that, man... Because I'm really unstable... If some dude disrespected me like that, i dont know what i would do... I really talk the way i type.. gets me into hundreds of fights rofl.. I wouldnt want that to happen on a boat...