PDA

View Full Version : bishop canyon fishing

sube1984
06-14-2010, 01:26 PM
My wife and i were able to sneak outta bishop this weekend and head up the mountain to do a little fishing. On Saturday we headed over to Intake but everybody and their brother were fishing there so we headed down the road to the next power plant. I could see the fish swimming around so i knew they were there, however i could not get them to bite on anything...tried powerbait, fly and bubble, lures everything for nada. I did meet "That guy" as Jared would say, when we were fishing the powerplant this man and his son came down behind us and began flyfishing right where i was. I shoulda offered for them to sit on my lap, at one point he said "look at that guy he is using two poles" i have a tag, he then littered and were loud and boisterous, but anyway. Next day we again went up the mountain, but right before leaving i stopped by Macs sporting goods and purchased the hatchery pellet power bait. 5 minutes at intake and blammo, fish on C & R. Unfortunately after that, nothing else. We then went up to southlake to checkout the bishop pass trail, but it is ice covered right before the switchbacks.....here is a couple of pictures.

exodus
06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey,

Man, I hate that 'First Cast Only Fish Curse'. Sounds like you had a great time with your wife, though!

Question for ya: When you say 'before the switchbacks' where was that at? A buddy and I are going next weekend and I'm unsure how all the back country lakes are going to be by then (hopefully thawed!). :)

cpt_majestic
06-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the report I leave in less than 24 hours.

I'll be sending reports through twitter if you want to follow..

sube1984
06-15-2010, 07:39 PM
about 45 minutes +/- the trail is iced over, talking to the guys at mac's sporting good they doubt that long lake is iced out, probably not for another 2 weeks maybe more

exodus
06-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the information.