PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Aboos

Fish-N-Fool
07-19-2007, 01:25 PM
We are planning to hike the Mt Whitney the second week of AUG and try to fish some of the lakes that are there. After seeing Aboos' post this is now a definate. We were thinking of taking the Mt Whitney trail all the way to crabtree lake. After looking at the topo it appears that it is aprox 7 miles. I understand that this trail is steep with switchbacks but we are guessing 8-10 hours. Has anyone taken the Mt Whitney trail out of Mt Whitney portal? If so please fill me in on what I should expect. Fishing.. I was planning on using terrestrials any advice? Additionally I have a couple of phone numbers to get the permits however I am not getting through. Does anyone have a good number?

Thanks in advance

brando123
07-19-2007, 02:31 PM
hey man well good luck... but my friends brother in law went up mt whitney and he was on a waiting list to go up there im not sure if that is for the whole mountain tho so good luck

aboos
07-19-2007, 04:41 PM
We are planning to hike the Mt Whitney the second week of AUG and try to fish some of the lakes that are there. After seeing Aboos' post this is now a definate. We were thinking of taking the Mt Whitney trail all the way to crabtree lake. After looking at the topo it appears that it is aprox 7 miles. I understand that this trail is steep with switchbacks but we are guessing 8-10 hours. Has anyone taken the Mt Whitney trail out of Mt Whitney portal? If so please fill me in on what I should expect. Fishing.. I was planning on using terrestrials any advice? Additionally I have a couple of phone numbers to get the permits however I am not getting through. Does anyone have a good number?

Thanks in advance

oh man..im gonna be loved and hated for that post. i can see it now.."man, thanks for telling me about those goldens! once in a lifetime catch!" and "man, thanks for telling EVERYONE about the goldens!! now everyones gonna wanna go fish that lake!" hahaha

so i take it youre gonna take the back way? its a shorter hike but heck of a lot harder from what i understand. good luck with it!