PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mary Now Open

pc2mac
06-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Just came back from a quick weekend trip with the wife. Cold and little windy on Saturday. Caught only one at Convict and didn't see anyone having any luck. Fortunately, Lake Mary is ice free now! We went to our usual spot and caught about ten in two days. The weather got a lot better today.

E.A.R.G.
06-13-2010, 10:32 PM
thanks for the info. thats good to know. heading up there in 2 weeks. are the campgrounds and roads open yet?

cpt_majestic
06-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Were George and Mamie open yet??

Sloper
06-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the update! Any stats on Mamie and George? What is the snow base like along the shoreline of Mary? Anymore pics...Thanks

Regards,

Joe

pc2mac
06-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Unfortunately, we didn't drive up to other lakes. You may want to try calling Ricks sporting goods in Mammoth. Sorry about that. The roads were definitely plowed but lots of snow on the ground so I don't think the campgrounds were opened yet.

The east shore of Mary was clear but, the other side where the cabins are is still covered in snow but, could see some diehards fishing from the bank. I'll try to see if my other pics show that..

SierraPeaks
06-14-2010, 09:45 AM
I called Rick's 2 days ago and the guy said Mary was still 60 % frozen. So if you were there and the lake is 100 % ice free...I wouldn't go by what Rick's tells you.

mammoth xfactor
06-14-2010, 04:57 PM
I fished Mary on Sat. from a kayak. Windy and cold. I dry docked it on a large piece of drifting ice and fished powerworms for a few.

I took the kids to Mamie Sat. evening it was dead calm glass.

George is still frozen and looks like it'll go this week.