PDA

View Full Version : Monster StriperDD Maddness San Antonio Lake 6/12/2010

Shock
06-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Ok. So after last Saturday's trip I had already planned on hitting up San Antonio again, this time with my step-dad Jesse...

I had been sick all week with a cold and debating whether or not to go but hell, no colds gonna stop me!! I think I got a fever....Striper fever that is...

So I set out on another quest to get my first DD striper...

Picked up Jesse at 2:00am and off we go....

On the water at 5:30 am...Water temp 73 degrees, no wind...

Start on the troll and about 5 minutes into it my rig gets tagged....short bite...damn!!! but a good sign.. Continue on and gets tagged again but as soon as I get the rod out the holder its gone...WTF? Mr Stripey messin with my mind...

Circle back around and once we get to the same spot ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz drag SCREAMING.. Man it hit the rig like a freight train!!!!

Ok so when we troll we take turns so me being the nice Captain that I am, I let Jesse go first!!! After a nice fight he pulls in this 9lb 11oz bad boy!!! Jesse's new personal best!!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4987.jpg

What to do, what to do? circle back around and get slammed again....My turn!!! Man this bad boy did not want to come to the boat...After about 6 runs and a great net job by Jesse I bring in my new PB at 9lb 5 oz!!!!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4988.jpg

Hmmmm, 2 fish on board and we haven even got started yet!!! Nice!!!! After a few more passes for nada we decide to head on down the lake....We came back up the other side and still nada so cross back over the lake and try again.....We pick up two more 8lbers at the same spot as the first two.....Shock found his honey hole!!!

So its starting to get hot out and it's only about 10:30 when we see a good sign!!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4989.jpg

About 5 minutes later my rig gets slammed hard....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.. I grab the rod and its loaded up bigtime, I mean I could barely get it out of the rod holder...Jesse's up so I pass him the rod... He starts battling it and it surfaces way back there...WTF? then goes deep. It made a few runs then I net this Monster. Man it's so heavy the old school net I have was bending bringin it aboard!!

DD ohhh yeah!!! this monster stripey tipped the scale at 16LB 12 OZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once again a new PB for Jesse and the new Boat Record!!!!

The pictures do this beast no justice....

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4991.jpg

Heres another shot of it....

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/2010-06-12112854.jpg

After this fish it went dead from around 11:00 until around 2:30...then we came to a spot holding scattered fish here and there and next thing you know its on!!!! My next fish was another 8lber then Jesse's next turn he hooks up on andother DD weighin just under 11lbs!!!! We hook a few more then call it a day around 4:00pm with 9 Striper on board and ready for the long drive home....

O.G. cooler shot for old man Bob!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4996.jpg

We had a great time out there and it 10 degrees cooler then last Saturday which was nice!! Still got roasted though...So I guess I will have to go back yet another time in search of my first DD Striper!!! It's very cool putting people on these big monster striper so I don't mind... I'll get mine one of these days and I still beat my personal best!!!!

Here's Jesse with his 2 DD San Antonio Stripers!!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4997.jpg

Until next time.....

See ya on the water!!!!!

TroutOnly
06-13-2010, 05:21 PM
WAY TOO SLAY JOSEPH, I LIKE THE PICS OF THE BIG STRIPERS AND THE DEER,IT WAS FUNNY WHEN I WAS TALKING TO YOU AND NEXT THING I KNOW ITS JESSIE SAYING HES GOTTA CALL YOU BACK ITS HOOKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TURN TOMMOROW ,,,,,,,,,,,,BLOOOOOOD,,,,,,,IS A COMIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

CAPT'N
06-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Nice going Joseph!

Those are some real pigs.

I am so freakin jealous

scott

Native Gal
06-13-2010, 08:49 PM
That's some serious striper madness there, Congrats Gents on the DD's.

Thanks for sharing!
NG

karlow
06-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey Joseph, it's nice to see that someone knows how to get her done!
Thanks for the help.

Friday night we fished from shore a while hoping for catfish, not!
Sat. we were up at 4:30Joe cooked bacon, potatoes, and eggs!
Good eats, we were on water about 6:30, a little late to the party but well fed.
I went one for two in the morning. Then we went back out for evening bite after meeting Josephs group coming in. We had fished to 11am and broke for lunch.
Joe cooked some great chicken!
After the lunch break and a nap, Joe went one for two. We were out from 4:30 there until it was dark.
Back at camp, Joe cooked a tri tip! Life is good!
Today we went back out at 5am.
No boils and we could not get bit near the dam. We went back around Josephs point and Joe get bit.
Nice, I was metering less fish than on Sat. I do not know where they went. We fished down by the dam, the Whaler guys hooked up, they were doing well on Sat.
We had no love. The pontoon guy was getting a little action with live shad They had one on Sat. We went back around the point. Joe got a short bite, just a little zinger.
Latter he gets hammed hard. He brings in a nice one and I can't buy a bite! That was the last fish! Joe had a double but one broke the 30 LB leader!
Nice camping, weather, and a long butt drive. Too bad i could not get bit! The fish were two at 7.5, the big one was 8.5 and the smallest was around 5.
I can't but a bite, but I spotted about 12 deer. We had one raid our camp while we were fishing! It went through our trash, out neighbors ran it off. Who knew dear did that?

The Skinny: You might do better with live shad. They are real thick at the dock.
On Sat, the troll fish seemed to be really tight to the shore. I got bit when we started trolling in 25ft of water.
Joe got his fish at 150 ft back on the inside. I was fishing shorter. Most of the fish I meeter today were at 10ft.

Karl
I sucked this weekend.

trail blazer
06-13-2010, 09:13 PM
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!

I feel another san/tone trip comming on myself= the bako boys will be heading west!!

Airona124
06-13-2010, 09:26 PM
wow great job on those monsters :)

Shock
06-14-2010, 09:12 AM
WAY TOO SLAY JOSEPH, I LIKE THE PICS OF THE BIG STRIPERS AND THE DEER,IT WAS FUNNY WHEN I WAS TALKING TO YOU AND NEXT THING I KNOW ITS JESSIE SAYING HES GOTTA CALL YOU BACK ITS HOOKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TURN TOMMOROW ,,,,,,,,,,,,BLOOOOOOD,,,,,,,IS A COMIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

Yeah I had to drop the phone Bob...I was up!!!....Good luck out there!!!!

Nice going Joseph!

Those are some real pigs.

I am so freakin jealous

scott

You got to get on up there Scott!!! The trip is well worth the drive!!

That's some serious striper madness there, Congrats Gents on the DD's.

Thanks for sharing!
NG

Thanks

Hey Joseph, it's nice to see that someone knows how to get her done!
Thanks for the help.

Friday night we fished from shore a while hoping for catfish, not!
Sat. we were up at 4:30Joe cooked bacon, potatoes, and eggs!
Good eats, we were on water about 6:30, a little late to the party but well fed.
I went one for two in the morning. Then we went back out for evening bite after meeting Josephs group coming in. We had fished to 11am and broke for lunch.
Joe cooked some great chicken!
After the lunch break and a nap, Joe went one for two. We were out from 4:30 there until it was dark.
Back at camp, Joe cooked a tri tip! Life is good!
Today we went back out at 5am.
No boils and we could not get bit near the dam. We went back around Josephs point and Joe get bit.
Nice, I was metering less fish than on Sat. I do not know where they went. We fished down by the dam, the Whaler guys hooked up, they were doing well on Sat.
We had no love. The pontoon guy was getting a little action with live shad They had one on Sat. We went back around the point. Joe got a short bite, just a little zinger.
Latter he gets hammed hard. He brings in a nice one and I can't buy a bite! That was the last fish! Joe had a double but one broke the 30 LB leader!
Nice camping, weather, and a long butt drive. Too bad i could not get bit! The fish were two at 7.5, the big one was 8.5 and the smallest was around 5.
I can't but a bite, but I spotted about 12 deer. We had one raid our camp while we were fishing! It went through our trash, out neighbors ran it off. Who knew dear did that?

The Skinny: You might do better with live shad. They are real thick at the dock.
On Sat, the troll fish seemed to be really tight to the shore. I got bit when we started trolling in 25ft of water.
Joe got his fish at 150 ft back on the inside. I was fishing shorter. Most of the fish I meeter today were at 10ft.

Karl
I sucked this weekend.

At lease you guys were able to hook up!! What a great lake huh? Keep at it!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!

I feel another san/tone trip comming on myself= the bako boys will be heading west!!

Yeah you Bako Boys need to get your slay on up there!!!

wow great job on those monsters :)

Thanks, they put up a great fight!!

BuzzBait
06-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Those are some Bigguns! Awesome pics! Great Job!

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Nice Job Shock, I can tell those pics still don't do the fish justice either, it's kinda wierd, those fish are EXTREMELY girthy there so it's hard to get a pic that depics the truth magnatude of the feesh....

Saweet feesh......thats a TOAD ! woooooo-hooooo....Taco time..

Congrats !
Gary

diamondbear
06-14-2010, 11:00 AM
REALLY GOOD JOB , Great report . Nice fish and deer pics .

Fishbones
06-14-2010, 12:01 PM
congrats on the bigger unit lineside sweet guys ....

fishinone
06-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi Shock,

That's a great report. You have to take some credit for those DD's though. You're the captain.

The Lord willing, my turn is this Thursday.:Smile:

fishinone

Shock
06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Those are some Bigguns! Awesome pics! Great Job!

Thanks, get on up there...I'm sure the Bass are big up in there too!!!

Nice Job Shock, I can tell those pics still don't do the fish justice either, it's kinda wierd, those fish are EXTREMELY girthy there so it's hard to get a pic that depics the truth magnatude of the feesh....

Saweet feesh......thats a TOAD ! woooooo-hooooo....Taco time..

Congrats !
Gary

Hell yeah Gary, they have some weight on em that's for sure...as you would say "drag peeeeeeeelas"....

Now get on back up there!!

REALLY GOOD JOB , Great report . Nice fish and deer pics .

Thanks, there really a lot of nice scenery up there to look at....

congrats on the bigger unit lineside sweet guys ....

Thanks man!!

Hi Shock,

That's a great report. You have to take some credit for those DD's though. You're the captain.

The Lord willing, my turn is this Thursday.:Smile:

fishinone

Yeah I gotta put us on the fish and hunt em down!!.....

It really does make me feel great to put my friends/family on great fish so no biggie, that's what it's all about.....I'll get my piggie one of these days!!...

Good luck out there on Thursday man!!! Can't wait for the report!!! Bob's up there today so we should see a report comin....

cutbait
06-14-2010, 03:46 PM
.I'm sure the Bass are big up in there too!!!

Lake record is 9 lbs..

Northern strain. No giants, but lots of good fighting smb.

Big Crappie, and catfish

Congrats on the 16, SA fish do not photo well

MonsterGuppy
06-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Nice DD's there way to go!

Troutman65
06-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Nice going out there . Congrats on the DD 's

kpn
06-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Great job out there Joseph.

KPN.

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-15-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm sure the Bass are big up in there too!!!

Hell yeah Gary, they have some weight on em that's for sure...as you would say "drag peeeeeeeelas"....

Now get on back up there!!

Yes I'm certain there are big bass but not on the same scale as you may be used to gaging things at...

They are Northern strain LMB not florida strain, Northerns do not grow as big as the Florida strain but I'm sure there's some tubs there !

Drag Peeeela's ?

Ahhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha !

LMAO !

ROFL !

Too funny to see someone quote me like that but it's 100% correct ! Drag Peela' DELUXE !

again...congrats !

As for getting back there, I'm afraid other fishies will be dieing in the meantime....focus must be turned on other species for a bit
Gary

snospdr
06-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Great job on the stripers at San Antonio! I think I'm going to head there next week. Any tips on lures to troll with and depth?
Thanks!

Striper Bill
09-19-2010, 11:11 PM
:Big Grin: Way to go Jesse and Joey, Good Job!!!

orionn1
07-08-2011, 08:05 PM
nice striper,
what is your tackle and rigging setup? I do mostly surf fishing but am getting into fresh water fishing. Any advice would be appreciated.
rob