PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing day at Bport 6/11

billy b
06-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Fished a half day off the shore at Bport ... got two about 13-14 inches for the morning. Last week the corn worked em pretty good ... not today. Got one on a NC ... and one of corn/garlic mix ... nothing on split-shot worm

Are bad days worth reporting on this board?

SierraPeaks
06-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Well...you know what they say about the worst day fishing.

billy b
06-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Well...you know what they say about the worst day fishing.

YEP ... YEP ... YEP ... I had a gorgeous drive throught the canyons and fields (only about 75 minutes) ... then a GRRRREAT breakfast at the Hay Street ... and especially time with my social director and our little doggie.

A winning day!

Sierra_Smitty
06-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Yes - bad days are definitely worth reporting - in fact those reports can be equally as helpful as good ones.

SierraPeaks
06-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Yes - bad days are definitely worth reporting - in fact those reports can be equally as helpful as good ones.

I think even more helpful.
If the bite's on...they're going to hit most anything you throw at them...within reason.
If it's dead at a certain lake, creek, or river and that's where I'm heading , I'd much rather know that ahead of time so I can start making a backup plan B at a different location.

tizzfishin
06-12-2010, 04:19 PM
My dad lives on the Bridgeport reservoir and so far this season has been tough fishing. Most days have been blownout early. I'm heading up next weekend for the Bridgeport trout tourny. I'm crossing my fingers for good weather.

Natural Lefty
06-21-2010, 05:04 PM
billyb, my philosophy regarding bad fishing days is that they should be reported, at least as an aside on some other report, if not as a separate report, because it gives a more accurate picture of the actual fishing. But a lot of people seem to view this as a place to brag when they have a good catch, and skip it when they don't.

Anyway, I don't think you did badly. A total skunk would have been lousy fishing, not 2 13-14 inch trout.