PDA

View Full Version : Bishop from 5/4 to 5/6

CHUCKY
06-11-2010, 09:10 PM
We decided to take a trip to bishop and fish the surrounding creeks on the way up.Only got 1 from symmes creek on a bubble gum power worm.Fished shepherd creek and got 2 on the power worm again.Day 2 we wanted to try the hike to grass lake,we parked at north lake and hiked past the locked gate. I was thinking the trail started there according to jareds book but i think we were wrong,we hiked to the end of the campground and took the lamarack trail head (the one on the left at the end of the camp) we made it a short distance and it started getting wet and lots of snow, so we decided to turn around it didnt feel like the right trail anyway.We headed back down the hill from north lake and decided to fish the creek at the bridge.There were lots of fish visible but i threw my tackle box at them and nothing.Usually a night crawler our salmon eggs and its on but they were not interested.Then i remembered my power worm and it was on,we ended up getting 7 from that little spot.And the girls got to reel in there first trout.We left there and went towards south lake on the way we fished below parchers and got one more and then off to frozen south lake to take pics.Day 3 we visited the bishop DMV ,because i wanted to get my motorcycle permit in and out in one hour it was awesome.We left there and headed to goodale creek we fished for a while for nothing.It was a very good trip with the family and thats what its all about.I just wish we could have found grass lake.

SierraPeaks
06-12-2010, 08:44 AM
South is still frozen ?

CHUCKY
06-12-2010, 06:21 PM
down by the launch ramp we didnt walk around the lake and there was open water.

SierraPeaks
06-12-2010, 06:37 PM
down by the launch ramp we didnt walk around the lake and there was open water.

It's just amazing how long the ice is hanging on this year.

Fishbones
06-12-2010, 10:43 PM
sweet trouting, cool pics, thanks for the report.