PDA

View Full Version : Horseshoe 6/10/10 Good Cuda Fishing

marzocchi
06-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Even though I fish the Moo Moos once or twice a week, I dont usually post it. Since JaponRon asked, I mind as well. Heard the Barrcuda was wide open yesterday, so I went with my 3 fishing buds, Jon, Jonamin and Ed to throw some jigs. It would be good practice for the our usual run and gun Mexico yellowtail trip next month. Basically, the morning started out looking for the cuda which were around but they did want to go. High tide came around and they went wide open. Good times. Not very many pictures, but this is what I have:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/dattrinh/IMG_2003.jpg
Morning Gloom. Was suppose to be on this boat with Rob, but a meeting with a client in the evening prevented me from going.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/dattrinh/IMG_2005.jpg
Tady AA fish. I had a blemish Tady 45, which I bought 2 for 5 bucks. I took one with me to try out. Figured the blemished jig would probably suck, so I tied on it at the end of the trip and oh lord...the blemished one kicks like crazy. Even the slowest grind it would kick pretty well. Even a slight turn of the handle would make it move to one side. My friend Jon was so amazed by how well it moves. Put 3 fish on real quick and lost it because I was too lazy to retie. Now I have a quest to find those improperly poured tady 45s.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/dattrinh/IMG_2006.jpg
End of the day fish cleaning. Deckies made some major bucks fish cleaning today.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/dattrinh/IMG_2008.jpg
Plenty of extra cudas for those who did not limit out.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/dattrinh/IMG_2009.jpg
Always end the day with one of these.

Thats it. See you at Castaic Lake.

Fishbones
06-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Looks like a slimstick slayage went down on the blem45's Nice..., good job on the cuda killing Marz,
Funny, i was just thinking that you had a report or two coming from the past week.
This season is gonna be a good one for sure.,.,. see you at castaic soon.

spitbreaker
06-10-2010, 11:19 PM
great job out there sorry couldnt make it family event heading out there fri

DockRat
06-11-2010, 06:51 AM
End of the day fish cleaning. Deckies made some major bucks fish cleaning today.

Good Post.

That's what that OIL SLICK was. I thought one of the HB Oil Rigs Blew Up. :ROFL: DR

murrieta angler
06-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Cool report and pics Marzocchi!
I still have some cuda fillets from last year.....No cuda's for me this year, what I have caught has been given away.
Robert

Porkchop5420
06-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Yo Marzocchi!
This is andrew. I was fishing with you guys yesterday. Fishing was excellent. Sucks that you lost that Blemish Jig, you were on fire with it. We gotta fish together again bro. Thanks again for the ride and good company. Good luck in mexico and Keep slaying them!!

JapanRon
06-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi marzocchi,

Glad I good-humoredly nagged you to death !! :) Looks like it was a fun trip throwing the iron. Dang ..... horrible to hear of the too-lazy-to loss !! I've been using 30lb test Seaguar on the cuda for 2 years and it is really tough against the teeth !

Thank you much for the report and WTG on the fishys and hangin' with friends gotta be great too !!

JapanRon

keepemlo
06-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Nice slay hey bro what rod and reel r you usen?

Fishnfun
06-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Nice job! Thursday morning was so overcast that I was thinking you would miss the cuda run. Hope they stay around through next week.

marzocchi
06-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Yo Marzocchi!
This is andrew. I was fishing with you guys yesterday. Fishing was excellent. Sucks that you lost that Blemish Jig, you were on fire with it. We gotta fish together again bro. Thanks again for the ride and good company. Good luck in mexico and Keep slaying them!!

Yo Andrew. It was good fishing with you. Definitely we gotta fish together again. We would have slayd more cudas if that guy move from his number haha.

Nice slay hey bro what rod and reel r you usen?

I used a trinidad DC 20 with a calcutta 9' rod. Last cuda trip I snapped my gloomis 9' 1085-25C bouncing cudas. Impossible to find one of those anymore. Never again will I use vintage rods for bouncing fish.

Fishnfun
06-12-2010, 10:55 AM
T-DCs are one of the top casting reels. Here's what Fisherman's Landing say about them.

"The Trinidad DC series is without a doubt the best casting conventional reel availabe. They are the ideal choice for West Coast style jig or bait casting as well as any situation that calls for a reel that will cast a long way with minimum backlashes. It goes without saying that the gears, drags, bearings, frame, and spool are of the highest quality. Digital Control® comes to saltwater fishing with the Trinidad® DC®. With an 8-step adjustment knob, you can dial in the digitally controlled braking system to suit whatever conditions or lures you're using."

For jigging and bouncing barracudas, I stay with the old style cork tape e-glass jig rods. Tough as nails. Snapping a nice loomis rod would break my heart.

CRESTLINER16
06-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Nice going Marz! looks like you had fun. On a side note, i thought Gloomis has lifetime warranty on them. Can't they replace it?

thanks for the report.

marzocchi
06-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Nice going Marz! looks like you had fun. On a side note, i thought Gloomis has lifetime warranty on them. Can't they replace it?

thanks for the report.

They have a lifetime warranty, but I will not get that same rod back. I have to choose something from their current catalog. Plus they no longer make 9' Saltwater Blanks anymore. So I guess I will have to choose one of factory made rods.

marzocchi
06-13-2010, 06:21 PM

thanks for the report.

They have a lifetime warranty, but I will not get that same rod back. I have to choose something from their current catalog. Plus they no longer make 9' Saltwater Blanks anymore. So I guess I will have to choose one of factory made rods.

CRESTLINER16
06-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear about the rod. At least the Gloomis stuff are all still nice. I had a super nice flyrod that was made by Fenwick before they got bought out. it had a warranty when I broke it but the replacement was a piece of junk. Nothing like the original. they just stuck the same name on the rod. pretty sad.

BAYFISHER4LIFE
06-16-2010, 06:26 PM
what kind of lure did you use to catch the cuda

marzocchi
06-17-2010, 04:02 AM
what kind of lure did you use to catch the cuda

Tady AA and Tady 45

ezcompany
06-17-2010, 12:31 PM
sweet slaying bro
i would love to try out a dc casting reel lol
does it make a significant difference with regular conventionals?

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Rakin those slimesticks….lotts’a fun : )

Gotta love some open water action…

Saweet….congrats !

Gary

marzocchi
06-17-2010, 12:50 PM
sweet slaying bro
i would love to try out a dc casting reel lol
does it make a significant difference with regular conventionals?

The trinidad DC is damn good. I get an extra 15 yards throwing it. If load up the rod good, I have a hard time seeing where my jig went. Majority of the time, it doesnt matter how far you throw your jig, your still going to get bit 10-20 feet from the boat though.