PDA

View Full Version : New to the site need some info on the duct

bassman909
06-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I do a ton of LMB fishing all over socal, just move to Hesperia anybody have any info on whear to locate the action in the duct

sawoobley
06-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Do a search for Hesperia and duct. You'll find a lot of posts from M@M. Hesperia seems to be a tough area of the duct to fish due to a lack of water flow but we all we like to hear if you catch something! M@M pulled out a huge one there a few months back. That fish was large enough to inspire any Hesperia local to fish there.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?42203-Hesperia-Duct-Striper

Most of the aqueduct reports come from an area between Bakersfield and Palmdale (to Pearblossom in Littlerock?). Just do a google maps search and look for the siphons and gates and fish near there. There must be quite a few stripers and catfish in the duct near Hesperia but very few people have put in the time to fish them out and then report on them. Good luck.

Let us know if you can determine when they tend to open the gates to get the water flowing in Hesperia because everytime I have looked there the water was not moving (stripers usually bite when the water is moving).

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?29432-Aqueduct-lure-teqnique-how-to

There is a lot of advice on these forms on how to fish the duct you just have to do a search.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some of my notes that I made a while back using Google maps on Hesperia duct fishing sites...

Bob’s Gap Rd/ Crystalaire Dr/ 165th St East, Llano, CA – Siphon

Evergreen Rd and Antelope Hwy, Llano – looks like a gate just North West on Antelope Hwy

13002 Oasis Rd, Llano, CA – ¼ miles east is a gate

13112 Johnson Rd, Phelan, CA – ¼ miles east is a gate

9110 Duncan Rd (and Sunny Vista Rd), Victorville, CA – Going south Sunny Vista Rd ends at the gate. Alternatively go to 8716 Duncan Rd, Victorville, CA and walk south east for 0.6 miles to the gate.

9954 Amargosa Rd, Hesperia, CA – Siphon
9830 Mariposa Rd, Hesperia, CA – Siphon

15510 Farmington St, Hesperia, CA – Siphon is 1/3 miles south

9129 Summit Valley Rd, Hesperia, CA – From here if you can drive north along that small dirt path you will hit the previously mentioned siphon. Drive south and the street will fork, stay left and the street will curve east and to a siphon.

15195 California 173, Hesperia, CA – Go north on a small road then turn right and follow the road for several miles to the siphon.

15749 California 173, Hesperia, CA – Lake Silverwood access to the dam – follow the road south to the parking lot and walk ¼ miles to waters edge.

:Cool:

bassman909
06-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Cool, thanks for the info well let you know if i hit some went to silverwood last night around 5 till 8 or so got a 5.5 trying to get the pic up through photo bucket still figuering that out.

bassman909
06-11-2010, 12:21 PM
got a 5.5 at the wood last night on the zoom shad
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy194/FISHMAN909/0610001828.jpg

madwire3
06-11-2010, 12:35 PM
hah 3 posts for this fish,, proud are we? haha nice fish though

bassman909
06-11-2010, 12:41 PM
still figureing the posting out sorry about that

M@M
06-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Nice catch!.... Posting can be a B-tch for those of us that aren't computer savy:Smile:! ..Thanks for the report!....Maybe I'll see you out at the Duct...... the Duct out here is still a mystery:Neutral:...good luck! and Tight lines.