PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Lake Mohave and....

Ambassadorhawg
06-09-2010, 09:22 PM
.....there ain't no fish in dat lake!!!:Death2Above::Death2Above::Death2Above::Dea th2Above::Death2Above:

I houseboated it for 4 days. Hiked all over the hills, looked down into every cove I was near, looked for boils, bird action, even bass boats....NOTHING!

For the duration, I saw maybe a dozen carp and maybe a dozen scrawny little bluegill.

WTF is up with that place?

I did not see anyone fishing at all....

Water temp was 64-65. One would think the basses would be on beds??? I saw one unoccupied bed, that's it.

It's a good thing that Seven Crown Resorts (good rental value) has been bought out by Forever Resorts (only doctors, lawyers and CPAs can afford them) on that lake cuz I ain't never going back there!!!

I've been F/W fishing since 1975 and I have NEVER seen a lake this large with such a nonexsistant fish population.

'Hawg out!

Troutman65
06-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I have not been there is years but I left the lake with fish in it .

Wow, That really is a tuff trip . We use to fish at night and later in the year . Maybe that has something to do with it . Sorry you got skunked .

Fishbones
06-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I fished there once about 15 years ago....big major skunk....like you said....it was a desert there.....no fish!

I take it back....the marina we rented the boat out of had 10lb stripers swimming in it....

guess what.,., no fishing in the marina...lol

DarkShadow
06-10-2010, 09:28 PM
My buddy just came back from there about 3 weeks ago and encountered some HOWLING winds and horrible conditions.

So, naturally, he parked his boat at the back of the coves and proceeded to slay the smallmouth, which made me extremely jealous.