PDA

View Full Version : Dana Point 6/6/10

pineapple express
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Aloha fellow fisherpeps,

I finally had the pleasure to hook up with Andy aka "Islandboy2" on his boat "Tiny" to do some fishing.
Tiny is a 16' circa 1960's boat. A real fishy machine...
We get to dana and launch the boat around 8:45am. We pick up 1/2 of our half scoop of dines and off
to our first spot near the red bouy on the right. Our first drift I get an 8" calico off the rootbeer scampi
which is as big as the calico itself. Funny how they will attack a bait as big as themselves... 2nd drift I
get another calico just a little bigger at 10". A few hours roll by with-out any bites. We decide to
head north and Andy notices a bait ball being pushed by something ??? We tried throwing some baits
on it but... again no love. On our way to Salt Creek we trolled rapalas for nothing. Anchor up between
2 boats. We noticed they where getting a few calicos and sandies and.....us still zero. Andy gets a big
bite that took drag and snapped his spectra once I picked up his rod to hand it to him. I had a few baits
get bit but nothing stuck. About 1:45 we decide to load up on our other 1/2 scoop of bait so on the way
back to the harbor we go. Back to the point and anchored up just outside the kelp line. I get my
3rd calico of the day on a 8" lime green scampi, this ones about 10". Andy gets the catch of the day...
a juvenile WSB. Obviously not a 28" fish but Andy was stoked to get the stripe off his back. All in all real
slow day fishing but good company makes up for that. We fished our okoles off. We called it a day at
4:15 so we could get back in time to watch the Lakers game. Big Big Big Mahloz bruddah Andy for the
invite. I had a great time even though we didn't bring anything home for the dinner table. Hopefully next
time brah...

You all know what small calicos look like so i didn't take any pix of those but here is one supah stoked
bruddah with his WSB.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/pineapple76/100_9643.jpg

Til next time
PE

islandguy2
06-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Nice post of our day on SUN. We will have some big ones to show next time I know it, heres the video of the release.....Thanks for coming PE.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b8t8h0ZaF0

murrieta angler
06-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Hey Danny!
Nice day of fishing beats any day stayimg at home doing laundry, like I'm doing today.
Thanks for the report and WSB pic,
Robert

elevated
06-09-2010, 12:26 PM
nice going out there!

Fishbones
06-09-2010, 03:53 PM
congrats on the mini ghost to your bro....thanks for sharing....