PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lake/ Whats left of the BL...AND FOGGG

BIGBASS MB
06-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Today I took my buddy Pete out for some Striper fishing at the bouy Line and we got to the Lake @6:00am and The FOG WAS SO THICK You couldent see more than 20'...
we talked with the lifegaurds and they told us to take it easy and just go NW , Good thing I had a compass on the boat, I never thoght I would need it at the lake. so we just followed the Nw mark going about 5 mph untill we got to Kong Island, after theat visability was 35-50' we got to the Bouy line and It was all gone, only 1/8th of it was still there towards the right... we were the first boat there and then about an hour later we had about 12 boats all jamed up against the BL (whats left of it)
Fishing didn't pick up untill about 10:00 and it was pretty slow overall...
we ended our day about 1:30 and I was Glad Pete got a couple (not a virgin anymore)
The bait we got at the corner was so old and bad it would fall apart when cutting it or baiting the hook,
I think taht played a major roll today....
Hey thats why ist called fishing not catching right?
Tight Lines MB

BuzzBait
06-07-2010, 07:35 PM
That fog sometimes lingers for a long while. I'd prefer fog over strong winds in castaic any day. I don't like dealing with frozen or live baits. Well, it's a good thing that you guys caught some fish despite the old bait. Good Job!

Fishbones
06-07-2010, 07:48 PM
congrats hooking your buddy up, especially on a foggy non bouyline day,
ive learned that fresh bait is almost important as location.

marzocchi
06-07-2010, 11:05 PM
NIce on getting your bud on some fish. See you out there MB.

fishinone
06-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Congrats on the catchin.

Bait will make or break your stringer for sure.

udamonkeybutt
06-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Where is the buoy line?

BIGBASS MB
06-22-2010, 09:13 PM
where is the buoy line?

bl is at the end of the fishing arm @ castaic upper lake.