PDA

View Full Version : Slim Pickins San Antonio Saurday PB's All Around!!!

Shock
06-06-2010, 07:10 PM
After all the reports I had the itch to get up there!!!

My misssion: Get my first DD....

Took my friend Jimmy and my boy Jaycob to get on some monster striper and boy did we!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4975.jpg

On the water by 5:45 and ready to get our slay on....

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4976.jpg

About 20 min into it ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz man the rod was smacked hard... Jays up first so hand the rod off to him and he could barlely hold onto it.... I stop the boat and start coachin him and tell Jimmy to reel up the other rod... As he starts reeling he gets SLAMMED hard..... Oh yeah Double hookups!!!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4978.jpg

As Jay's fightin his fish, it comes to the suface and he's got 3 on!!!! Oh daymn!!! Fish are fightin and 2 get farmed.... Meanwhile Jimmy had 2 on and looses one of them... I net Jimmy's fish but the damn jig gets stuck in the net just as I see Jay's fish surface and its a MONSTER.... Had to lip it to get it abord... Jimmy's fish weighed in at 7lb while Jay's was 11lb 14oz..... Oh yeah DD on board!!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4980.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4979.jpg

Wow what a rush but we lost 3 jigs so had a take a quick break to regroud but not before long we were back on the hunt....only prolem was it was slllllooooooow pickins.... The water temp was 74 and the sun came up and things were heatin up quick.. I had to be close to 100 degrees out today!!!

After a call with Bob it seemed like not 5 min later and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, my turn!!!! I bring in my PB striper at 7lb 14oz... Not my frist DD as I was after but my PB and A great fight!!!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4983.jpg

After what seemed like forever we were checking out the scenery and all of a sudden the rod get SLAMMED again and I mean SLAMMED!!!! Jay's up Again and after a good battle he brings about a nice 8lber....One again he had 3 on but 2 got off....This was my fault though as my knots slipped.....

So we troll on and on and on for no more fish...Plans were to get off the water by 3:00 but we werent ready to give up so we kept battling on.....No dice....Off the water by 5:30 and ready for the looooooong drive home...Had to get a bigger cooler for this trip so here's the OG cooler shot...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4984.jpg

Well what can I say? Slow pickins but we had a great time out there...It was a scorcher though and little wind to help out. All 4 fish caught were the biggest so far on my boat. PB's all around!!! San Antonio is a great lake to fish as there is little to no fishing pressure and hardly any lake lice at all....I will be back net Sat for some revenge!!!!

Parting shot....Got my butt kicked by my Boy.... He got his first DD before his old man!!!! I couldn't have it any other way though.......

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4985.jpg

Special thanks to Bob and Bob I got 3 words for you... KILL KILL KILL!!!!

See ya on the water!!!

Airona124
06-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Nice looking stipers you guys have there

well done :)

trail blazer
06-06-2010, 08:30 PM
GREAT JOB fellow STRIPER JUNKIES!!!!!!!
NICEEE

TRAIL BLAZER

Rabbito
06-06-2010, 08:35 PM
WTF does this lake have in it, fish growth hormone

Fishbones
06-06-2010, 08:49 PM
congrats on the S.A striper slay and congrats all around for the pb stripers...great report,great pics, thanks for sharing.

MonsterGuppy
06-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Way to go on those SA stripers !

hookjaw77
06-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Congrats to all for PB's and maybe someday T/O will help me get one too :)). I think everyone that Bob has put on those biggies owes him a bunch. Maybe we should all chip in and buy him a new boat?
Swanee

Wingnut
06-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Excellent job Joseph... congrats on all the PB's. :Big Grin:
The Stripers at that lake are something else! :Twisted:

TroutOnly
06-07-2010, 06:08 AM
great job joseph, pb's on youre first trip to a brand new lake,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,

CAPT'N
06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Joseph,

quality fish you have there. Looks like some real pigs !

Capt'n

Shock
06-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Nice looking stipers you guys have there

well done :)

Thanks...It took a while to get the last two....Had to stick with it...

GREAT JOB fellow STRIPER JUNKIES!!!!!!!
NICEEE

TRAIL BLAZER

Thanks TB.... Get on up there man!! They are waitin for the Bako Boys!!!

WTF does this lake have in it, fish growth hormone

Haaa....I concur...

congrats on the S.A striper slay and congrats all around for the pb stripers...great report,great pics, thanks for sharing.

Yeah we had a good time out there!!

Way to go on those SA stripers !

Thanks,

Congrats to all for PB's and maybe someday T/O will help me get one too :)). I think everyone that Bob has put on those biggies owes him a bunch. Maybe we should all chip in and buy him a new boat?
Swanee

Bob is a good man for sure....A wealth of knowledge and info... I'm sure he could catch one of them cows on the troll if he put his mind to it!! Haaaa.

Excellent job Joseph... congrats on all the PB's. :Big Grin:
The Stripers at that lake are something else! :Twisted:

Yeah, you're tellin me.... It was a teaser though.... Retied all the gear....Goin back Saturday for some more!!!!

great job joseph, pb's on youre first trip to a brand new lake,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks Bob, and thanks for the words of wisdom when it got slow.....I think Mr. Stripey heard you and jumped on my line after that phone call...

Hey Bob I got three words for you.....KILL...KILL....KILL....

See you on the water my friend!!!

Joseph,

quality fish you have there. Looks like some real pigs !

Capt'n

Yeah Scott, you gotta get on up there and slay some piggies!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-08-2010, 10:10 AM
saweet...the smiles say it all...

Taods for sure : )

Congrats on the PB's all around...

you did well...especially considering it's new water to ya'....congrats on the fat feesh !

fishinone
06-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Not bad for you describe as slowww!!

Congrats on the PBs.

Shock
06-08-2010, 11:45 AM
saweet...the smiles say it all...

Taods for sure : )

Congrats on the PB's all around...

you did well...especially considering it's new water to ya'....congrats on the fat feesh !

Yeah, new territory for us.... That is a sweet lake to fish, nice and peaceful, but I bet if it wasn't such a trek to get there it wouldnt be!!!

Not bad for you describe as slowww!!

Congrats on the PBs.

Yeah we were plenty pleased with the trip, don't get me wrong.

I do refer to it as slow though because the first hookups were at 6:00 then nothin till about noon.... We actually only had 3 hookups in close to 12 hours of trollin seeing how the first was double hookups...

We had a great time out there BS'n.......

Pnutty
06-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Verrry Nicce Feeesh!! Feels good to putt fattys on the boat... speacilly early in the morning! I sent ya a PM

Native Gal
06-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Congrats to you Gents on getting some PB's. SA is filled with them awesome Stripers, can't wait for the next round of pixs. Thanks for the pixs and post.

NG

trail blazer
06-09-2010, 02:13 PM
SHOCK WROTE<Thanks TB.... Get on up there man!! They are waitin for the Bako Boys!!!>

Did it last friday,,,,,,,,HAD A BLAST,,,,,,,,,Cought some goodns,,,,,,,,,,,,Got to watch BOB work his magic with his crew!!!.

TRAIL BLAZER

mamachipy
06-10-2010, 07:41 PM
What a sweet day!!! Now that my boys are outta school I feel the need for a return trip to try and match yours. Congrats!

kpn
06-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Good job at the new lake Joseph, Jimmy & boys.

KPN.

Shock
06-11-2010, 01:35 PM
What a sweet day!!! Now that my boys are outta school I feel the need for a return trip to try and match yours. Congrats!

Get on up there!!!

Good job at the new lake Joseph, Jimmy & boys.

KPN.

Thanks!!, You have to get up ther sometime buddy! They are all piggies coming out of there!!! I kept thinking to myself "there has to be some schollies here" but then again, maybe not...

Verrry Nicce Feeesh!! Feels good to putt fattys on the boat... speacilly early in the morning! I sent ya a PM

So did you end up going up there??

Congrats to you Gents on getting some PB's. SA is filled with them awesome Stripers, can't wait for the next round of pixs. Thanks for the pixs and post.

NG

I bet, we had a great day out there...