PDA

View Full Version : Alamo River and WCT event weekend.

bluehunter
06-06-2010, 07:09 PM
This past Weekend we participated in the WCT event in El Centro which was a kids tournament. All proceeds went to the Townsel family. Gina, Todd, and I helped with the event in setting up rigs, providing bait, tshirts, stickers, and advice as wccm partaked in the function. It was fun and definitely was for a worthy cause for the family and to teach and get kids out on the water - Which is what it is all about - getting the kids involved. Thanks to the la Mesa boys for showing up.

Later that night you know we had to go out and do our thang on the Mo so It went down. Anthony joined us on this as we raked up gills at a few holes and then plotted for where we were going to fish at. We decided on a spot just when it was dark and we had runs till the break of dawn. All double D quality size flats. Some missed runs and snapped lines as usual on da Mo, but also some quality flats as well. We all got double D's

I got 3 flats at 16.5, 16.2, and 12.5 while Todd got the 16.6 and Anthony got the 10.3. In reality Anthony had the most runs but a messed up tube on the sliding sinkers help snapped off 3 flats that were all good size. The 10 pounder came in rather easy so the others had broader shoulders then the 10 and were possibly maybe in the 20's - 30's. Nice fishing with da fellas and chasing down screaming clickers. Here are a few pics to share. Many more coming later on a vid of course in a few days I am beat so will rest. All flats were tossed back - to get in tact- and to get fat ------ So they could be caught by Pat or Jack. : )

Peaces and bald head greases yall Lates!.

B

Fishbones
06-06-2010, 07:14 PM
awesome event and pics, thanks for sharing and the report.

bluehunter
06-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Cool man thanks.

B

Eat Sleep Fish
06-07-2010, 04:47 PM
big ol cats.

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
06-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Fantastic!!!

The Angler
06-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Yea ill be making a run up to the alamo river soon for the first time. My grandpa would always go up there with his cousins and come home with some HUGE cats!!! We plan on going in july

bluehunter
06-09-2010, 05:30 AM
Big up fellas much luv. Here is a video of that weekend. Sorry 4 the delay. It takes a little while plus constant editing and trying to find allowable songs for youtube getting around copywrriten issues. but here it is. Hope yal like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTRllIqGKqk

DockRat
06-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Hi, Bluehunter. Do you recommend eating Alamo River Catfish ?
DR

DockRat
06-12-2010, 07:00 AM
We plan on going in july

Plan on 100 to 115 degrees. 95 degrees at midnight. July August Sept sometimes 'No Breeze' for weeks at a time.
DR

bluehunter
06-12-2010, 10:24 AM
If I was to eat fish I would rather eat the ones from the All American, Highline, and coachella there. The Alamo been known to have volumes of pestisides. Not to mention muddy and can give a muddy flavor which is why I call it the muddy Mo. But the fishing is awesome there. Some people eat them but I would eat them at low volumes and would put the fillets in Salted water a little while to soak some to help get some of the bad stuff out. I ate a few small ones but the rest I released. All of these flats caught that night were released.

The Angler
06-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Plan on 100 to 115 degrees. 95 degrees at midnight. July August Sept sometimes 'No Breeze' for weeks at a time.
DR

Yea I heard, Thats why were going in july cuz they said the hotter it is the bigger cats well catch. we plan on getting there around 9/10 and camping overnight doing some night fishing.

bluehunter
06-12-2010, 09:10 PM
I will be that way a few time too like early July beofre I go to Georgia for a few weeks. Also we are having another derby in that vacinity in August. Maybe we will run into each other there are quite a few of us that makes way to that zone.