PDA

View Full Version : Sun. 6/6 dvl catfish bite

diamondbear
06-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Still being kinda new to the catfish thing at DVL . I went to another spot that trollmiester and pontoon turned me onto and again I was still using the same BIG bag of bait that was givin to me from 3 weeks ago . I ran into Vince and off he went to try his luck on the remaining holdover trout at the west end . [ I'll try my luck later for trout when the heat pushes them to the west end ] Right off the bat I had a good couple runs but nothing would stick , so I slowed down to let the kitties run abit and it was wide open bite with a couple double hook ups , with me being by myself I looked over and my $250.00 seeker outfit was going over the side , lol I dropped the rod with fish on and dove for my other rod just as it was leaving for good [ caught it ] and my limit was over in 1 hour . Some guys in a rental pulled up 200 yrds. away and they started slaying catfish also . I was fishing in deeper water CATSING TOWARD SHORE as the fish are all full of eggs now . Thanks again to trolly and pontoon as I owe you guys a BIG bag of venison jerky . // db http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_0988.jpg

Fishbones
06-06-2010, 04:07 PM
sweet kitty slay, thanks for the report and nice pic,very nice of them to turn you on to a spot, good fishing karma for them,...

PONTOON
06-06-2010, 04:57 PM
That's awesome Steve! I knew once you tied into a few of thos DVL cats you'd be hooked. Keep the reports coming and I hope you can find some of the holdogvers as they move toward the West end of the lake.
Hope to see you there some time soon.......I'm looking forward to some of that jerky:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

GdHkSet1
06-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Steve,
Well done out there! Glad you save your Seeker Rig from the Davys Locker! No joy on the big tails, went Gillin instead. Hope to see you out there this summer.

scca
06-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Real nice load you put together. I'm heading out in a couple of weeks to slay me some kitties Thanks for sharing !!!

blackberg
06-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Nice going on the kitties,
should be out there in a couple of weeks as well.

If thats all you caught, I think you left early with HALF a limit :)

-bb

OHDB
06-07-2010, 08:50 PM
What bait were you using? I never go catfishing, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try after the morning bass bite.

Thanks

diamondbear
06-08-2010, 01:23 PM
I thought the limit is 5 cats , but I would of stopped fishing anyways as I had 41 lbs. of fish in my boat and thats more then enough . The bait being used is mackrel , shrimp , and liver . A rental pulled in across from me and started getting them also . Just make sure you bring your water . My way of thinking is , if the cats are in your area you'll get a bite within 30 min. if not I leave and go find another area . // db

BLUE WAGON
06-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Good job on the cats , that had to be a blast

bassmeister
06-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Nice job on the cat slay, works much better from the boat. Got into a big school of them in the saddle dam area last week.