PDA

View Full Version : Perris excellent redear bite

tunagod1
06-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Fished the redear again this morning, ended up with my limit by 10:30, my buddy struggle but managed 15 plus a 3+lb bass. All the fish were caught on redworms and a few on crawlers. Back home and the fish cleaned by 12:30.
The fish were in 6 ft of water, they were a little more scattered than last week.

Tight lines

Tuna

fishmounter
06-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Good catch. Looks like you've got a few Bluegills in the mix. The REs prefer worms over crickets for sure. Have you tries any lures? I do pretty good on them. Small spinners, spoons and jigs,even little cranks.

mudskipper76
06-05-2010, 06:12 PM
whoo hoo! i'd say thats enough for a fish fry!

bonbons
06-06-2010, 09:24 PM
great job, but where is everyone going fishing i mean what part of lake perris is everyone keeping a secret ?? i go there once in a while and end up with nothing but little guppies. do i need a boat or what?

tunagod1
06-09-2010, 10:20 AM
boat helps, all fish caught at the island.

Tuna

fishing
06-09-2010, 08:41 PM

Tuna

So that's where they're all hiding. ;)

I'm planning to take my co-worker and his 2 children to Lake Perris in a few weeks. It's the best panfish lake around.

Natural Lefty
06-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Yes, you need a boat to get to the island. Alas, I always fish from shore, where lots of panfish can be caught, but they mostly run smaller than the boat caught ones. The panfish at Perris do bite on lures oftentimes, even Redears sometimes, as some of us already know.

By the way, the fish on the lower left is definitely a Bluegill, but most of the others are Redears. That is quite a catch, I must say.

fishmounter
06-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I see 7 fish in the mix that are Bluegill, maybe 8. By the way, one of the largest Bluegills I have seen (and I've seen some toads), was a giant that my grandson had on his line fishing from shore in the boat launch area. Cameron had this huge Bluegill on for a short time before it just got off the hook. At least I got to see it! It had to be over 2 lbs. I was sure it was a 4-5 lb bass. Used crickets 4 ft. below an english float. We got some good ones. This was almost a year ago exactly. I'm sure you could still catch them there....

tunagod1
06-10-2010, 08:48 AM
The blue gill you see were all caught by my buddy Mang, Mang is kind of a lazy fisherman that likes to cast and set his pole down. He is very stubborn and won't fish the down shot / dropper loop setup with 2 lb test. The Redear have been very touchy and haven't been moving the bait much if at all. All the redear came on redworms and were bigger fish. The week before last, my father and I caught 50 fish before 10:30. The largest 2lb 3oz on the handheld.

bonbons
06-11-2010, 12:30 AM

Tuna

thanx hopefully next time ill catch a bigger fish

fishntime
06-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Looks like the redear bite is off the hook right now. Congrats.

fishing
06-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Don't leave your pole down too long unless it's secured. My bro went to get a drink, came back and his pole had a sunfish that was attacked by a LMB. His pole was secured, but almost came loose and pulled in. lol...