PDA

View Full Version : San O pipes 5/30 late report

klocked
06-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Launched out of Dana just before greylite with Eddie, Rich, Rich's gf Ann and myself aboard the Hesbros. Picked up a scoop of dines and another of chovies, both baits made it to the end of the day with a few floaters through out the day(mainly the chovies). We made a few moves here and there before hitting the pipes. Lots and lots of bait on the surface, in the kelp being chased by..... macs.

Already knowing the action for cuda etc... was farther down south, our plan was just to see how conditions were and to target bass and butts. Our expert captain Eddie put us on fish on every stop but two and we didn't waste but 5 minutes at those 2 empty spots. We spent most of our time in front of the power plant drifting deans for mainly undersized sand bass with Eddie having the hotstick of the day catching all of the usual suspects, Sandbass, Calico, Rattlers and Butts. I was the farmer for the day with lots of raked baits and only 3 Sandies for my effort.

At one spot before hitting the pipes, Rich and his girlfriend got into a flurry of nice sized sculpin on one side of the boat while Eddie flylined dines for some almost legal Calicos on the other side of the boat and I entertained myself by catching macs on a bare hook for a few minutes:Envious:

The few times I've been out there in that area, I've never seen so much bait in the water. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come when everything lines up!

Eddie, thanks for the invite, I had a blast and cant wait to do it again!!

Fishbones
06-05-2010, 10:59 AM
thanks for the report, good to hear about all the bait in the water..

murrieta angler
06-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Great info report John.
The tuna is 200 miles away and getting closer...SWEET!
Robert

JapanRon
06-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi klocked,

Yes .... it was amazing to see all the bait. (See my pic at the top of the report) On friday ... the bait never stopped coming to the surface in patches cometimes half a mile wide ... just awesome. Dolphin and Sea Lions then Pelicans and Seagulls all following the bait and going all over the visiable surface. Not only the surface but the clouds of bait masses made it seem amazing that any fish bit !!

thanks for the report,

JapanRon

DockRat
06-07-2010, 05:38 AM
thanks for the report, good to hear about all the bait in the water..

No kidding, haven't seen much bait in LA Port or Redondo.

How about a Big South Swell to push up the water temps and bring bait up ? That would be nice but too early still.

DR

klocked
06-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!!

Kind of embarrassing when your fishing partner doesnt reply:Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Embarrassed:

C'mon Eddie!! say something!!

I hope you didn't take it the wrong way when I said undersized fish!!
You should know that even if we had not caught any fish, it still would of been a blast for "boatless" me:LOL:

Anyways.... I for one..... had a great time!!!!
Thanks for taking me out Eddie!