PDA

View Full Version : My pet largemouth bass and peacock bass.

Surfer
06-04-2010, 12:38 PM
It's about 2" larger then the peacocks and looks a little malnourished. It still won't eat though as he's still a little stressed in his new tropical environment. I just hope it doesn't eat the peacocks. That would totally suck.

boxl0bster
06-04-2010, 06:18 PM
nice!!!!!!!! man be prepared to clean that tank often.

Danny300
06-04-2010, 06:33 PM
...poacher

Surfer
06-04-2010, 06:58 PM
LOL. I had a feeling that was coming.

JohnMarino
06-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Wow where did you even get the peacock bass?? Thats very cool.

BrandonFish
06-06-2010, 02:06 AM
thats sweet.

Which Way Out
06-06-2010, 09:23 AM
I had a LMB in a 150 gal. tank for awhile, 6 or 8 months. He was small in the beginning also. I put in 2 crappie which he killed within a week. Feeding the beast was more expensive than a large dog. $30 a week in gold fish from the local pet shop. Got fed up with that and put him back in the lake I caught him in. Those things eat like Labradors thinking its there last meal. Have fun but don't spend all your fishing money on one fish............

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-06-2010, 09:45 AM
I had a LMB in a 150 gal. tank for awhile, 6 or 8 months. He was small in the beginning also. I put in 2 crappie which he killed within a week. Feeding the beast was more expensive than a large dog. $30 a week in gold fish from the local pet shop. Got fed up with that and put him back in the lake I caught him in. Those things eat like Labradors thinking its there last meal. Have fun but don't spend all your fishing money on one fish............

x2 this is so true...

Rabbito
06-06-2010, 03:47 PM
feed it hot dogs, its cheaper

Fishbones
06-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Wow where did you even get the peacock bass?? Thats very cool.

you can get alot of different kinds of exotics from small family owned pet stores.,...i had a 275 gallon tank and now i have a 175.

madwire3
06-06-2010, 04:49 PM
nice, i have a inch long bass in my pond that must have been scooped up with some mosquito fish when he was just a fry, i scooped some up a month ago to put in the pond for bug control, only thing i can think of how he got there

Surfer
06-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Good news! He's getting along well with the Peacock Bass and he's eating live worms with them too. He's made a smooth and quick adjustment to a warmer, tropical environment. I've read that it sometimes takes a while for fish caught in the wild to start eating, but he's already dining with the Peacocks! He reminds me of my old pet oscar because he is constantly moving and interacting with other fish in the tank and comes up to the front of the tank to get a closer look when I approach the tank or enter the room--lots of personality!

madwire3
06-06-2010, 09:12 PM
good stuff, hope it works out for ya, any time ive kept em they gradually get more and more confortable and eventually want the tank for themself.. dont even want ur hands in it,, one i had was 3 lbs she would attack me when i had to reach in the tank for maintenance, thought she broke a finger one time

Surfer
06-06-2010, 10:18 PM
good stuff, hope it works out for ya, any time ive kept em they gradually get more and more confortable and eventually want the tank for themself.. dont even want ur hands in it,, one i had was 3 lbs she would attack me when i had to reach in the tank for maintenance, thought she broke a finger one time

Dang. That's one crazy bass! lol

calico killer kevin
06-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Your bass should be fine until it outgrows the tank. Weekly cleaning is a must.

Don't listen to these hooligans. Don't feed them goldfish unless you want them to be malnourished. They have very few nutritional value. Imagine eating lettuce day in day out. Don't feed them hotdogs unless you're prepared to change water eveytime you feed them. Nightcrawlers, crickets, and crawfish are a much better option.

$30 a week on goldfish? Considering half a dozen for $1(expensive), you got ripped bad...

smokehound
06-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Whatever you do, DONT re-release this fish!

By being introduced to your tank, it has just been pumped full of disease.

Sure, it's cool to see a bass destroy a smaller fish. But you will drastically reduce it's lifespan.

Also, your tank is still far too small for any of those fish. Imagine you and two of your buddies crammed into a tiny room, with an air-tight door. Another thing-- LMB do not like strong currents. This bass is fighting to keep stable.

Kevin is right, these guys dont know how to keep a fish beyond one year, and they all wonder why their fish keep dying.. :lol:

If it's an consolation, its the fact that the majority of them throw tantrums like a little girl because they killed that silver arowana they spent all that money on by being retarded. :LOL:

bman90278
10-09-2012, 06:47 AM
...poacher

LOL, U should see how big his pet bass has gotten! When I get a chance I'll post some pics.

-b