PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Wingnut

Fisherman57
06-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Art,

You may want to stay a little closer to the beach on the next SWAT mission.
Click the link below.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-socal-shark-sightings,0,4449964.story

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/Picture019-15a.jpg

Nessie Hunter
06-04-2010, 10:42 AM
:LOL:

Ya, lets see how many of those Chest deep missions they do now... :EyePop:

Who is stalking Whom???

Frenchy
06-04-2010, 10:46 AM
good kill the sealssssssss

City Dad
06-04-2010, 11:37 AM
If I didn't believe in Bigfoot, I might be inclined to think that the animal in the video could be a dolphin...

Fishbones
06-04-2010, 12:11 PM
whites,makos,threshers,orcas have been really active with lots of sightings of jumping and fining.

Especially at one of mt favorite halibut spots, funny thing is there are tons of surfers in the water and they all

know about the sharks because ive talked with locals. There was 1 guy that would paddle out in a kayak and monitor

the sightings,numbers,species of sharks active that day, he said that there are quite a few out there everyday.

I was told that one day there were so many sharks that almost all the surfers exited the water and from what i was told

many of the surfers that remained in the water were women.

Good thing about all these sightings is these sharks have to eat and there are plenty of seals around.

olfishergal
06-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the 411 Dana, I was planning on visiting the surf this weekend........Think I will stay close to shore and not chest wade. Me thinks I look too much like a seal.......LMAO OFG

KaliDawgFan
06-04-2010, 07:10 PM
If anything Arthur will hit the surf more. That's the only fish you haven't caught with a LC. Right?

Fishbones
06-04-2010, 08:38 PM
If anything Arthur will hit the surf more. That's the only fish you haven't caught with a LC. Right?

LOL....too funny....nope,,i think he caught one of those too...on the superman pole even...lol

Wingnut
06-04-2010, 10:14 PM

LOL....too funny....nope,,i think he caught one of those too...on the superman pole even...lol

Ha ha ha... I should start throwing the LC with a steel leader. :Twisted: :LOL: :Big Smile:

Thanks for the heads up Dana. We all know how many times Poseidon has sent Shark messengers to take a bite out of me. :LOL: :Shocked: No worries though, I'm continuing the Striper hunt this weekend. :Wink:

DockRat
06-06-2010, 06:04 AM
Check out the pics too. Be carefull Arthur :Envious:

http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.com/pacific_coast_shark_news.htm

Pacific Coast Shark News 2010

The following reports for 2010 are provided as a public service.

Sunset Beach — On June 3, 2010 Scott at SunsetSurf.com received the following report from Heather Konkoli; “I was surfing at Sunset Beach in front of the port-o-potties, just North of the wooden staircase, at around 11:30 AM. Tide was filling in from a 9 AM low, water surface was still pretty glassy and waves were about 2 feet and clean, although pretty weak overall. I saw a White Shark breach. I estimate the shark to be approximately 8 feet long and 1.5 to 2 feet wide. About 2/3 of his body came out of the water, slightly twisted and he splashed back down at an odd angle. He was probably only about 20 yards from me and the other surfers, so I paddled in immediately. I know other surfers witnessed it as there was some chatter and gasps in the water, although I'm not sure they really understood what it was because they all kept surfing! (The waves weren't THAT good) I continued to watch for the shark from the bluff with my binoculars, but did not see it surface again.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

Sunset Beach — On June 2, 2010 Randy Wright provided the following two reports of shark breachings from Sunset Beach. The photographs were obtained from his video tapes.

On May 25, 2010 Randy Wright was observing, photographing, and videotaping marine life at Sunset Beach. It was 7:54 AM and the sky was clear with an estimated temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit. The sea was glassy with inconsistent 1 – 3 foot surf. From prior experience the area of the sighting has a rocky reef bottom and is 15 – 20 feet deep. Water temperature was estimated at 58 degrees Fahrenheit. Two Dolphins were observed in the area 30 minutes prior to the shark observation. Wright reported the following; “While doing Marine Life observation, I witnessed, photographed and videotaped a Great White Shark, approximately 8 feet in length, breach, coming nearly vertical in its trajectory. The animal was approx 6 feet out of the water, from its tail to the water surface, and landed on its belly, thrusting its tail as it breached. The distance from shore is about 300 yards, in relation to my memory of a buoy that was previously offshore. The location was at a previously seen area of shark breaching, near the cliff entrance to the surf at Sunset. There were 6 – 8 surfers in the water at the time of the breach. Eyewitness Nick Bowden saw the breach from the water, and Greg Kilgore observed it from the cliff overlooking the surf. Second Breach – At 8:09 AM a second breach occurred in the same location, which I also successfully videotaped. This breach was an arching, horizontal type, more similar to a dolphin breach, but it is a shark, possibly the same one. This breach was also witnessed by Tony Sommo from the water and Dr. Larry Shaw on the cliff overlooking the surf. Afterwards, all surfers exited the water. Nick Bowden then decided to paddle back out and surf for another 30 minutes, without incident. My camera equipment consisted of multiple Canon DSLR's and Canon Vixia video cameras.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

Torrance Beach — On May 29, 2010 Andrew Clayton was boogie boarding at Torrance Beach, which is between Redondo Beach and Malaga Cove. It was 10:30 AM and he had been on the water about 2 hours. The air and water temperatures were recorded at 73 and 58 degrees Fahrenheit, respectively. Water depth was unknown due to poor water visibility of 3 feet or less. No marine mammals were observed in the area during his time on the water. Clayton recalled; “I was paddling out after catching a wave and I dove under a wave and when I came up I saw the top of the shark's head, dorsal fin and, its tail. It thrashed its tail and went back under the water I immediately got out of the water. The shark was about 7 or 8 feet in length and had a large dorsal fin and a long tail, possible a Thresher Shark (Alopias vulpinus).” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.