PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Champion 201 Dual Console Fish and Ski Fixer-Upper

Bassnman Mike
06-04-2010, 08:42 AM
boat has been sold

Bassnman Mike
06-06-2010, 08:36 AM
OK, I figured I’d answer the PM’s all at once.

The motor is a 1992 Mercury EFI, 2 Stroke and like I stated above, it was rebuilt in 1999.

I would prefer to keep the boat all together and not sell the motor, trolling motor, fish finders or windshields separate.

I’m not a bank so I wont do the financing.

I’m open to REASONABLE offers.

I did try starting it about a month back but it wouldn’t start. I then replaced all 6 spark plugs and it still wouldn’t start. I talked to the mechanic who has done the yearly impeller changes and I explained the situation. He said chances are if I just drained the gas tank, put in some fresh gas and either Sea Foam or Sta-Bil it should start, which I have yet to do. The problem is I don’t have anywhere to dispose of the old gas. Also, when I removed the cowl I did see a fuel hose that had a slight leak.

Like stated above, prior to letting it sit it never gave me any problems, it always started right up and ran great.

I figured if I don’t get any reasonable offers for it as it sits maybe I’ll just invest some money into it, take it over to my mechanic, who is about 60 miles away, have him get the motor going and clean it up then possibly pay my lawn care guy to reupholster it and rub out the gel coat and then of course I would increase the asking price considerably. Truth be told, I’d rather not invest any money and just sell it as it sits.

If I didn’t cover something or if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

BassnMan Mike

Sparky70
06-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Nice looking trailer, but lousy looking boat for 3 grand, it would take another 3 grand to fix it up! :EyePop: :EyePop: :EyePop:

Bassnman Mike
06-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Obviously you know nothing about boats.

First off, its a 20 foot Champion Bass Boat on a Champion Trailer.

Next, the motor is a Mercury 175 EFI, just to replace the power head in one of these motors runs over 4 grand plus the cost of installing it in the motor and a rebuilt one will run over 6 grand, google it and you'll see. While the motor currently does not start, it never gave me ANY problems and ran great the last time I had it out. I was told by the mechanic who has done all of the yearly impeller changes, Vale, the owner of Jerry's Boat Center in Lake Isabella, that all I should have to do is drain the tank, pour in some fresh gas and Sea Foam or Sta Bil and it should be good to go. The reason I have not done this myself is because I don’t have anywhere to dispose of the old gas and just don’t feel like doing it.

While I can’t deny that the interior is in bad shape I have no ideal where you come up with the 3 grand to fix it up figure. When I was thinking about fixing it up myself I got a quote of $1,150.00 for getting it completely re-upholstered at an upholstery shop but if a person had the time and knowledge they could fix the interior for considerably less.

If I take the time to get the motor running myself, get the upholstery done and rub out the gel coat I know I could get considerably more for it but seeing how I have another boat I just don’t feel like investing any time or money into it.

Like I said, I am flexible on the price and will entertain REASONABLE offers.

BassnMan Mike

Sparky70
06-06-2010, 06:45 PM
:Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes:NO, I know nothing about boats.....I've only owned 7 boats from 14ft to 27ft. Looks like you are trying to find somebody just to pay for the Champion name!