PDA

View Full Version : A tip for bait fisherman

STEVE IN SOCAL
06-03-2010, 02:08 PM
As I CPR everything except Alpers, I don't use bait much....I hate to kill and release. But if you are a bait fisherman, try the Aberdeen hooks. The have an extra long shank, and they're harder for the trout to swallow deep. I use the gold ones, as it seems to offer a little gold flash to your presentation (Sierra trout like the gold!)
If you pinch the barbs, they're even safer for the fish. Give it a try...

BTW, I will use bait if nothing else is working...I'm no snob....I need that tug just like anyone else!

troutdog
06-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Nice tip Steve, gonna give those a try next time I venture up the 395!

Love the guys who won't use bait like they are above it all :LOL:

TD

BrandonFish
06-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the tip
i third this "BTW, I will use bait if nothing else is working...I'm no snob....I need that tug just like anyone else!"

"Love the guys who won't use bait like they are above it all" :LOL:

tpfishnfool
06-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Good tip... We all need to get Yanked on even if it means baiting up from time to time...

nelayan
06-21-2010, 12:07 AM
I force my self to use lure but to beat skunk then I use bait and I just want to try circle hook for live bait, is anybody try it yet?

troutdog
06-21-2010, 12:18 AM
I force my self to use lure but to beat skunk then I use bait and I just want to try circle hook for live bait, is anybody try it yet?

I fished the circle hooks for tuna using live sardines a few times, main difference to me is on the hook set. Circle hooks you simply wind the line tight, while regular hooks you use the standard hook setting motion.

TD