PDA

View Full Version : Lake San Antonio one more time 6-2-10

MonsterGuppy
06-03-2010, 01:12 AM
After reading all the great reports hear on site, myself and my buddy Tim decided to make the road trip and find out what it was all about. Left the house @ 1:45am with tons of coffee and hit the road. We arrived about 5:30 and quickly scooped up some shad... that lake is full of them, then spent the first half of the day getting a feel for the place trying a litttle of this, and a little of that. with no luck. Tim spots a boil about 2 feet out from a bank we were working throws a Lucky Craft top water lure and Bam! Hook Up.
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz285/swifty1955/P6010015.jpg
After another hour or so we hit on a winning combo and picked up 2 more fish in the afternoon and called it quits around 4pm. Can't wait to make the trip again.
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz285/swifty1955/P6020018.jpg

Shock
06-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Nice job!!! I'll be up there Saturday!!! Can't wait...

Fishbones
06-03-2010, 09:53 AM
congrats on the san antonio stripers, top water rocks...

fishinone
06-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the report. They look like some decent fish.

Nice to hear that they are still going.

After this weekend, I'll think I'll have time to get up there.

MonsterGuppy
06-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the report. They look like some decent fish.

Nice to hear that they are still going.

After this weekend, I'll think I'll have time to get up there.

Thanks Fishinone, There's lots of big stripers and tons of food for them.

Nice job!!! I'll be up there Saturday!!! Can't wait...

Thanks Shock, Bring a jacket use your sun screen, it;s cold early morning, and an oven in the afternoon.

congrats on the san antonio stripers, top water rocks...

Thanks Fishbones, We only got one on top water and i'm sure it was just luck..only saw one boil all day.

hookjaw77
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
I think I saw you guys catch thet one about 2:00? were you the 2 guys in the tracker? We were with T/O in the red boat w/ white top.
Swanee

MonsterGuppy
06-03-2010, 07:12 PM
I think I saw you guys catch thet one about 2:00? were you the 2 guys in the tracker? We were with T/O in the red boat w/ white top.
Swanee

Yep, that was us :) boat's a G3 looks a little like a tracker. I knew you guys were goig to get some good fish, with T.O. you cant go wrong.

hookjaw77
06-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Now I remember the G3.......heard Doug and T/O talking about it. Did you guys see that calf that was in trouble? The vultures were on guard, looked like the cow had died giving birth. Tried to get T/O to put it in the live well.
Swanee