PDA

View Full Version : First trip to castaic.

Zach1093
06-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Going to be making my first trip to castaic tommorow and was hoping someone would help me out with a pointer or two. Not askin for secret spots or anything but knowing how crowded it is on the water when I should try and get there at would be awesome if I can get info there. Also I'm assuming a simple C-rig would work on the striper? Now is my third go at trying to catch my first striper, so I hope I'm using the right setup lol. Thanks for any info guys, either pm or feel free to just reply to the thread :Smile:

Fishbones
06-02-2010, 07:12 PM
dont sit in one spot for to long if not getting bit,
fresher the bait the better,
lightline,
small hooks,
flyline,

madwire3
06-02-2010, 09:09 PM
fishbones gave u all ya need .. i havent fished the main lake just the lagoon once,, but from all the reports seems like a lot of people fish around the bouy line so maybe try along there for a couple of your stops... good luck wish i was goin but noooo gotta be all congested and broke

Zach1093
06-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Well gonna head off to bed. Thanks fishbones and madwire3 for the heads up. Gonna do my best and I'll report back tommorow.

Swank909
06-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Tts really just what everyone else has said.

Get there early and head to the bouy line, flyline some fresh dines and you're good to go

Zach1093
06-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Just made a quick report on the socal freshwater report forum. Thanks again for the help guys!