PDA

View Full Version : Capt'n and Fishyboy make the fish pay!

CAPT'N
06-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Hit Castaic on the 30th for an early 1/2 day striper slay.

FishyBoy has been largely absent from my weekly fishing trips, as I can not compete with the Ladies.

Well we hit the lake at 5:45, right as the gates opened, no breeze, no crowds, and really nice weather was beckoning us to our slay.

We cruised a few areas, and anchored not to far from the BL in 90+ ' of water. Set up our rigs, and I was hooked up in about 10 minutes. It was a small schoolie. We fished that spot for about an hour catching and releasing 1-2 lb shoolies.

I repositioned us over some humps, and we changed our presentation a bit. Almost instantly, FishyBoy hooks up a 3-4 lb striper, then another, then a double hookup. Lets see, same line, same bait, same depth, same side of the boat, ???? WTF, same dip? What dip, I was not using no &^$#%$^& dip. Hey son, pass the bottle over to dad.
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/CASTAIC2.jpg
Whew, this stuff was nasty, and I mean nasty. But I dipped it in the "sauce", and BAM on the sink, nice solid 4lb striper.
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCN1337.jpg
From that point on we had hookups, double hookups, and had a blast. Kind of felt sorry for the boats near us, as they were sitting in dead water, without a strike. At about 10, the bite slowed, and I was ready to check out a few more spots before we left.
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/CASTAIC4.jpg
I cruised over next to the BL, over some rock pile in 80'. Dam, big fish on the meter. I sent my line down, and nothing. Fishyboy as well, nothing, nada, none to be had. Tried the open bail toward the dam, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and wait, my line was getting picked up, pick up the rod, close the bail, and SWING, fish on!

This was a nicer model, and was screaming drag, I had to be very careful, as I was fishing a trout rig with 4lb flouro. This fish mad 4 solid runs, I would get to deep color, and bam, the fish would make another solid run. Head shakes, tail beat, this was fun!

!0 minutes had passed, and the fish was showing signs of getting tired, my rod in a permanent parabolic arc. Oh so carefully I gained more and more line, now the fish was doing circles , not unlike a Albacore before being gaffed. The fish circled wide, and I could see that my son's line was moving. The fish had circled his braided line... BRAIDED, OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The fish was gone, and that was that. Sawed off by my son’s line.

We soon moved to a spot near the ss relief for a few quick fish, it was getting close to noon, and the lake had plenty of traffic. So we loaded up, and headed home.

Final count was somewhere around 30 fish, with limits brought home for BBQ……………

Capt’n

BuzzBait
06-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Great job with 30 fish! What time is the BBQ?

kpn
06-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Great job as always Scott & Arthur.
Sorry I missed the nice fishing day with you guys. I got home later that day and tired.

KPN.

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-02-2010, 06:12 PM
sweet slay...I must say....sorry bout the lost feesh....

4 lb....askin ta feel the hurt Scott !

Don't get caught with 4 lb on a 15 or 20 or you'll be cryin in the rain...

Congrats on the feesh...
Gary

Shock
06-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Good going out there Scott!!!

CAPT'N
06-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Gary,

that 4lb scares the sh.t out of me, but they were not biting the 6lb or 8lb as well..all flouro!

That is the last time I let him fish braided, when baitin "n" waitin

Scott

Fire Ball
06-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Nice slayage. You should have told your son to reel up his line! :LOL:

Fishbones
06-02-2010, 07:18 PM
sweet report scott, the ladies will come and go but you will always be his pops...holding out on the sauce tho it terms for a woopin..lol....j/k

too bad bout the biggen,,, dang braided line..argh!!...........MMMMmmmmmmm striper BBQ....yum!

Wingnut
06-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Sounds like a great day of fishing Scott! I was talking to Fishyboy at the Hansen Dam Kids event and yes, he is quite a chick magnet. :Wink: Bummer about the lost fish... you're braver than I am fishing with #4. :LOL:

flyngby
06-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Scott,

Good deal on getting the not so youngster back onto to the water!

We are also dealing with the same situation with my son Brad! Dances, Prom, Pimp-My-Ride!

Some nice schoolies? I would be happy to get into those fish!

Steve

P.S. I seem to have forgot the promise of the kids video but it is burned onto the DVD and on the way shortly!

marzocchi
06-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Nice slay!