PDA

View Full Version : Good Local Boat for Kids

City Dad
06-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Looking to take City Girl and some other kids out on a half-day boat this summer. Looking for numbers rather than size of fish - any species.

What would you suggest?

Thanks.

Hometown
06-02-2010, 04:58 PM
go twighlight when you see lots of sand bass in the counts most boats do a good job helping the kids but the deckhands can get real busy when the fishings hot. good luck

Fisherman57
06-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Tim,

Shoot a PM to Jimmy & Phil (Jackpot Jimmy) owners of the Tradition.......
They have some good things coming up this summer...... I think you'll be in business.

Dana

After reading the article below.... I'm thinking TEAM 57 will sponsor a trip on the Dana Pride later this year or next year for kids......

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/holden-251212-fishing-one.html

Hometown
06-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Tim,

Shoot a PM to Jimmy & Phil (Jackpot Jimmy) owners of the Tradition.......
They have some good things coming up this summer............. I think you'll be in business.

Dana

After reading the article below.... I'm thinking TEAM 57 will sponsor a trip on the Dana Pride later this year or next year for kids......

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/holden-251212-fishing-one.html

Dana if you do the trip i be glad to help the kids catch fish im a old deck hand

Fisherman57
06-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Dana if you do the trip i be glad to help the kids catch fish im a old deck hand

Ill count ya in when its a go!

Ricky-Ray
06-02-2010, 09:57 PM
For 1/2 day boat's I would probably say any of the boat's out of Davey's or Newport Landing. Twilight during the summer the sand bass would be pretty good to. Davey's or Newport again for twilight boats.

If the Tradition does run some twilight trips during the summer I would definitely hit them up too. The crew is awesome and will definitely take care of the kids.

Hey Dana - If you do setup that kid's trip I'd be down to help out. I've done quite a few of the 976-tuna kid's trips and it's always a blast.

Fisherman57
06-02-2010, 10:28 PM
For 1/2 day boat's I would probably say any of the boat's out of Davey's or Newport Landing. Twilight during the summer the sand bass would be pretty good to. Davey's or Newport again for twilight boats.

If the Tradition does run some twilight trips during the summer I would definitely hit them up too. The crew is awesome and will definitely take care of the kids.

Hey Dana - If you do setup that kid's trip I'd be down to help out. I've done quite a few of the 976-tuna kid's trips and it's always a blast.

Roger that Ray!

olfishergal
06-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Roger that Ray!

count me in, love helping the kids catch fish and ladies are inspirations cuz girls can't catch no fish...........lmao OFG

also know a few ladies who would be willing to help out.........

Fisherman57
06-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks Chris.......
If it happens (and Ill work hard on making it happen).... Ill be sure to include you!

If any of you are interested in helping.. feel free to shoot me a PM and Ill keep you all in mind when and if it happens.........

Back to you Tim........

City Dad
06-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the info, everyone! And hey, I'm planning on sponsoring a Team Bigfoot Kids Rake up City Dad's Yard event if anyone wants to volunteer to help out with that.;)

Fisherman57
06-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the info, everyone! And hey, I'm planning on sponsoring a Team Bigfoot Kids Rake up City Dad's Yard event if anyone wants to volunteer to help out with that.;)

1. Sansou