PDA

View Full Version : Kinda cool!

Fisherman57
06-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Live BALD EAGLE web cam from Catalina Island! (best viewed during daylight hours)

http://www.sportsmansparadiseonline.com/Bald_Eagle_Nest_Cam_P0SF.html

Camera #1 is located at the Two Harbors ...... on Santa Catalina Island, California. Two "eaglets"
The male is #81(Justice) and the female is #82 (Liberty).

Liberty has a tag on both wings and Justice has a tag on one wing.

Camera #2 is especially interesting.......

I've seen the adult eagle return with "food" (aka rodents & a Garabaldi) for the eaglets a couple times .......

Swank909
06-02-2010, 10:43 PM
I just bookmarked this, nice to check in on every once in a while.

BIGRED KILLA
06-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Cool post Dana when i first saw in the second nest had a fresh sardine then at around 6 i just saw them half way eat a Garibaldi all the responses were funny when they ate the Garibaldi. Thanks for the post nest 1 is not as spoiled as nest 2.

Bigred

Zach1093
06-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Would be awesome if you turned it on just as it was brining a calico it had just swooped in a grabbed haha. Cool stuff

elevated
06-03-2010, 09:54 PM
wow, very cool!

DarkShadow
06-04-2010, 08:44 AM
...at around 6 i just saw them half way eat a Garibaldi all the responses were funny when they ate the Garibaldi.

The country's official bird and national emblem eating our state's official fish!?

CityDad, is the eagle trying to push a Federalist agenda now that he has a media outlet? Are they really regurgitating meals for their young, but in reality, regurgitating all over the 10th Amendment? What would Samuel Adams have to say about that?

CASTAWAY
06-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Nice....:Cool:

TaperSteve
06-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanx for this post Dana!!! Sooooo cooooool!!!!!!!! Nature at its finest!!!

TaperSteve

lalo56
06-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Hey Dana thanks for the post. Nice to look at them.

City Dad
06-04-2010, 09:08 AM
The country's official bird and national emblem eating our state's official fish!?

CityDad, is the eagle trying to push a Federalist agenda now that he has a media outlet? Are they really regurgitating meals for their young, but in reality, regurgitating all over the 10th Amendment? What would Samuel Adams have to say about that?

If I know God (and I do) this is surely a sign to us wicked Californians that we must shut down the "dispensaries" which have sent our state into a tailspin of crime and immorality!!! Or better yet, we should burn them down in public ceremonies... I'll bring the Doritos.

Fisherman57
06-04-2010, 09:30 AM
If I know God (and I do) this is surely a sign to us wicked Californians that we must shut down the "dispensaries" which have sent our state into a tailspin of crime and immorality!!! Or better yet, we should burn them down in public ceremonies... I'll bring the Doritos.

Tim,

You need to return those SHREK glasses to McDonalds ASAP........ that cadmium is starting to make you make sense. LOL! J/K!

DarkShadow
06-04-2010, 09:47 AM

Ahhh, retreating behind the Commerce Clause I see.

New Federalists suck. You, Rehnquist, Scalia and Kennedy better be at those pubic ceremonies and inhale deeply, my friend.

Even Justice Clarence "Pubic Hair in my Coke" Thomas has argued that the product in question has never crossed state lines, and has no demonstrable effect on the national market, thus the federal government cannot use the Commerce Act to regulate it.

But, with these latest majority decisions made by the SCOTUS, the federal government can then regulate anything.

Patrick Henry is not amused.

TaperSteve
06-04-2010, 09:50 AM

:Off Topic:

TaperSteve

Nu_AbGatr
06-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey, guys, I frequent the Institute for Wildlife Studies (IWS) forum and help watch the nests with webcams. There are two Catalina nests on webcams. Santa Cruz Island has a webcam on Pelican Harbor. And Santa Rosa Isl made history this year by hatching a chick after 60 years.

If you guys want to see it, go here,

http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/index.php

There's a gangload of chicks this year and seems like fishing is good!

Gator in both places....

City Dad
06-04-2010, 12:55 PM

TaperSteve

...or is it so profoundly on topic that it transcends the on/off topic continuum?;)

.. but I digress - they are fascinating creatures to observe. I've always wondered what it would be like if they could talk, you know, like parrots and humming birds do. I'll bet that if bald eagles could talk they would ask "Why do you guys always make us look so P'd-off on your t-shirts, don't you think that's stereo-typing?" Then they'd probably want to know why we humans insist on being so wasteful, so devastating to nature. Then I'd patiently explain to them that, since they symbolize freedom, they are sort of promoting that kind of selfish behavior and so they are really at fault for this whole environmental mess... not us.

Also, did you know that Bald Eagles aren't even really bald?
And Benjamin Franklin proposed that the wild turkey be the national bird instead of the eagle. (man, can you imagine eating roast eagle for thanksgiving??? No thanks!)

TaperSteve
06-04-2010, 01:53 PM
.. but I digress - they are fascinating creatures to observe. I've always wondered what it would be like if they could talk, you know, like parrots and humming birds do. I'll bet that if bald eagles could talk they would ask "Why do you guys always make us look so P'd-off on your t-shirts, don't you think that's stereo-typing?" Then they'd probably want to know why we humans insist on being so wasteful, so devastating to nature. Then I'd patiently explain to them that, since they symbolize freedom, they are sort of promoting that kind of selfish behavior and so they are really at fault for this whole environmental mess... not us.

Also, did you know that Bald Eagles aren't even really bald?
And Benjamin Franklin proposed that the wild turkey be the national bird instead of the eagle. (man, can you imagine eating roast eagle for thanksgiving??? No thanks!)

:Off Topic: AGAIN!!!

What does the symbolism of the Bald Eagle have to do with you bashing the dispeneries? and what do the dispenseries have to do with this thread in the 1st place?

City Dad
06-04-2010, 03:03 PM
:Off Topic: AGAIN!!!

What does the symbolism of the Bald Eagle have to do with you bashing the dispeneries? and what do the dispenseries have to do with this thread in the 1st place?

well, the bald eagle - our national symbol - eating Girabaldi - our state symbol... just struck me as, you know, symbolic of other situations... and suggesting we gather 'round and burn the cannabis dispenseries... with a bag of Doritos in hand... your avatar made me think you might be a fellow merry prankster...

as Dana himself has said, I am "committed to Tomfoolery" or perhaps I'm just a Friend of the Devil;)

and, oh, did you know that it is legal for members of the Colville Nation to posses real Eagle feathers? I did.

Fisherman57
06-04-2010, 04:24 PM
well, the bald eagle - our national symbol - eating Girabaldi - our state symbol... just struck me as, you know, symbolic of other situations... and suggesting we gather 'round and burn the cannabis dispenseries... with a bag of Doritos in hand... your avatar made me think you might be a fellow merry prankster...

as Dana himself has said, I am "committed to Tomfoolery" or perhaps I'm just a Friend of the Devil;)

and, oh, did you know that it is legal for members of the Colville Nation to posses real Eagle feathers? I did.

Dana who? .............

City Dad
06-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Dana who? .............

I meant you aknowledge my fondness for a lack of seriousness.

Bald eagles mate for life.

DarkShadow
06-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Bald eagles mate for life.

What do bald eagles mating have to do with webcams?

smokehound
06-05-2010, 04:29 AM
Hey i saw this a while ago. Pretty neat!

P.S., I happen to volunteer at dispensaries and the majority of the clients happen to be very old people. Yeah, it's all their fault.

LOL!

You cant blame them without blaming yourself, as you have organs inside you that are designed to absorb cannabinoids.

Besides, from what ive seen over the years, its the criminals that want it illegal, since that causes the price to increase.

Better hate mulberries and Hops, too, since they are also related to weed.

Lmfao