PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth Lakes Accessible Yet?

pc2mac
06-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Are the Mammoth Lakes accessible yet? How about the Virginia Lakes? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Pete

John Harper
06-02-2010, 09:55 AM
If you want to see a video of ice covered Lake Mary:

go to: www.flyfishingaddicts.com and look for Papasequoia's post from last week.

The Twin Lakes are somewhat free of ice, from what I have heard, road closed at Tamarack resort.

John

MexicanPistachio
06-02-2010, 01:26 PM
went memorial weekend and the road is closed past tamerick lodge. from what i was told the lakes are still frozen but unsafe to ice fish. virginia is the same, if i were you i would wait a few weeks for fishing. i go up every memorial day weekend and this was by far the slowest fishing has been yet. on sunday 6 of us caught 1 fish. we fished crowley and silver lake. lundy was good as the water was fairly warm. all the marina workers/tackle shops told me i was there a few weeks too early. but if you go for scenery i would go now. it was sureal seeing snow on every mountain top.

SierraPeaks
06-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Mary, George, Mamie, and the Virginias won't be ice free until at least mid June...probably longer.

pc2mac
06-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info, much appreciated! Maybe with the expected warm stretch of weather will speed up the melt!