PDA

View Full Version : Lytle creek Questions...

J-Dub
06-01-2010, 09:03 PM
ok well i drove to lytle creek today cuz i didnt have anything to do and i wanted to venture out....anyways i was curious about how to fish lytle creek or is there fish in there TO fish??? i know that theres that pay-by-the-inch pond for trout (not sure if its still open or not) and that campground place with the 2 ponds i think but what i wanna know is can you fish the creek? and should i fish the creek? oh and on the drive back home i saw two guys standing on the side where theres like a pool thats gated before you hit the first gas stations...i couldnt see what they where doin but there was...i guess like a alittle resivoir/pond but it was gated and idk how they got in there but they didnt look like they were maitanence people...i was just wondering if anybody had any info on this...

castle
06-03-2010, 03:11 AM
ok well i drove to lytle creek today cuz i didnt have anything to do and i wanted to venture out....anyways i was curious about how to fish lytle creek or is there fish in there TO fish??? i know that theres that pay-by-the-inch pond for trout (not sure if its still open or not) and that campground place with the 2 ponds i think but what i wanna know is can you fish the creek? and should i fish the creek? oh and on the drive back home i saw two guys standing on the side where theres like a pool thats gated before you hit the first gas stations...i couldnt see what they where doin but there was...i guess like a alittle resivoir/pond but it was gated and idk how they got in there but they didnt look like they were maitanence people...i was just wondering if anybody had any info on this...

The DFG hasnt stocked the stream in almost a year now. Im hoping it is not one that got dropped from the program.Last I fished it was almost a year ago, and was only able to manage one so small you could hide it in your hand.Dont know about the pond at the bottom, but I think the water dept owns it.

J-Dub
06-03-2010, 08:18 AM
ok thanx for the info:Big Grin:

mudskipper76
06-04-2010, 07:40 PM
watch out for bigfoot

J-Dub
06-07-2010, 06:13 PM
lmao thats funny i thought about that too if bigfoot vacationed up there

mudskipper76
06-07-2010, 11:14 PM
lmao thats funny i thought about that too if bigfoot vacationed up there

haha look it up. you may be suprised!

www.insidetheie.com/bigfoot

tpfishnfool
06-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Watch out for Big ''Crack Head'' Foot !!!!!

vortec_cruiser
06-08-2010, 09:29 PM

That's the one I'd worry about running into. And I'm sure they outnumber any real bigfoot by about 1000 to NONE.

castle
06-09-2010, 05:49 PM
That's the one I'd worry about running into. And I'm sure they outnumber any real bigfoot by about 1000 to NONE.

remember! They call that place Lytle Tweek,be awfully carefull and make sure your vehicle is insured for theft, etc.

how big
06-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Lytle creek is a blast to fish. make sure you have your parking adventure pass in your car. it cost 5 dollars you can get this at the gas station before you head up. stop by the ranger station and ask them about the yearly pass it is a better way to go I think it cost 25. use light line no more than 3 pounds. small single hook I prefer over a treble hook easier to release the fish. the spot you were talking about where you saw the two guys is a Secert spot and is off limits. however if you do make it there take your 4 by 4 along the creek or you can park in the dirt make sure your adventure pass is visible. then just walk along the fence follow the creek. great for fly fishing. also as a bonus follow the creek up and there are some great little pools. this part of the creek gets little pressure. because it is a secert. watch your step and look for little snakes along the brush..tight lines...If you see a guy with his dog a brown Akita say hey..we fish there all the time...tight lines.....:LOL:

xjdesertfox
06-23-2010, 03:22 PM

This is the exact reason why i dont go to lytle creek all that much anymore, back when DFG stocked it i use to fish the stream, it was the only stream i've ever fished. until i started getting run-ins with drug users up there. Now i dont walk around up there without my shotgun strapped to my back.

even in the winter the crazies are at lytle creek, i use lytle creek road as a 4wd only access into wrightwood when some of the regular roads to the ski resort are closed.

castle
06-23-2010, 05:21 PM
This is the exact reason why i dont go to lytle creek all that much anymore, back when DFG stocked it i use to fish the stream, it was the only stream i've ever fished. until i started getting run-ins with drug users up there. Now i dont walk around up there without my shotgun strapped to my back.

even in the winter the crazies are at lytle creek, i use lytle creek road as a 4wd only access into wrightwood when some of the regular roads to the ski resort are closed.

Yes the DFG diverted all its plants this spring to Seccombe Park Lake in San Bernardino.Dunno erxasctly why.And yes, I was attacked by druggies a few years back and they vandalized my vehicle also Coct me some major bucos to fix it.