PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Killing 5/23-5/29

Trout 1
06-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Let me just start off with --- WOW what a great week!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 1(Sunday 23rd): Left San Bernardino at 8am with the RV all ready.... got to bishop around 3pm (stoped a few times). So we set up camp and decide to hit up a few canals in town. So we pull up and I start talking to this guy and come to find out he is on TM57 it was Koshaw (hope I spelled it right sorry if I didn't). So I get my line out and it took me about 20-30 mins and I hook up on my first sierra trout this season. It was only about 1lb but that's ok. After that we headed back to camp.

Day 2(Monday 24th): We headed up towards Pachers to talk to Jared but I didn't know they were closed :Sad:!!! So we keep going to South lake to see a ice cube lol!!! I did see some open water but we wernt up for the hike lol. So we went down to weir pond and I waded and fished it for nada! Then we fished down south fork and I caught 1 and as we were leaving THE STOCKING TRUCK CAME :Twisted: so they put fish in the creek and I asked if they were stocking Intake II the guy said YUP!!! So we headed down there. I C&R'ed like 6 before the truck got there... The truck pulls up dumps the fish and it was literally every cast a fish for me. My aunt and Uncle were getting quite a few them self's. I was using "Jig King" jigs he sent me to test out. MAN, THEY WORK GREAT!!!! Two hours pass of complete slaying and we C&R'ed around 75 all together 45 of them being mine. We did take 5 fish each home. All in all a great day.

Day 3(Tuesday 25th): We headed over to PVR (our first time). As we were pulling in The stocking truck was pulling out hahahaha!!!!! Well needless to say PVR wasn't to great I only got 3 the wind was terrible!!! so we hit up the Owens and some creeks in town for 6 wild browns all released!

Day 4(wed. 26th): We want to try something different so we headed to Big Pine to try it out there. Fished big pine creek and freaking killed it on "Jig King" jigs with bite on. "Jig King" is on the broad. We caught 20 all together in like an hour. We made it a short day and just chilled at camp for the rest of the day.

Day 5(Thursday 27th): We headed back to Big pine and fished Baker creek for 15 wild browns. Then headed back to camp for the rest of the day. I caught a pretty bad cold the day before....

Day 6(Friday 28th): ALPER STOCKING!!!!!!!!! So we head up to Intake II once again. We get there and they hadn't stocked yet but MAN the bite was on fire!!!!!! Waited a few hours and the truck showed up and WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!! The put 3-4 half full nets in and the fish were like as small as the state fish!!!!! I did end up getting 5 alpers though I just wasn't impressed at all!!! The bite also shut down after the truck left. I did end up C&Ring 30 state stockers and got my limit of alpers releasing a few of those also. Called it a day after that.

Day 7(Saturday 29th): Headed back to big pine for some wild trout caught around 15 all C&Red. By Saturday I had caught a pretty bad cold ad I'm still battling it.......:mad:

All in all a great trip might head up again in late June early July. The season is still very young I have a good felling its gonna be epic!!!!! Thanks for reading!!! Sorry no pics my camera messed up on Monday while taking pics of south lake :Evil:

Sorry about the spelling Im still fighting my cold!!!!!!

Eat Sleep Fish
06-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Cool report. Glad to hear you guys got some. Good job out there.

On a side note, please don't be complaining about the size of Alpers and the amount that's going in. With the way that canyon has been raped with funds and b/s the last few years, its a shocker we still get Alpers put in those waters. Just be glad you got to catch a few, which I bet were pink meat, and make pretty good table fare (that's just my opinion though). Basically, complaining wont get you more and bigger Alpers, it'll just piss you off some more. If you are truly concerned about the issue and wanna help, call Adopt-A-Creek and make a donation. Ron and Donna run the program, which is the main reason we've even had Alpers put in that area for nearly two decades now. Their funds are just really low this year, and getting worse by the week...do the right thing: Call and make a donation bud! (760) 873-4483. It's for the anglers. Pure and simple.

-ESF

Trout 1
06-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Dont get me wrong Im glad the alpers are still being stocked BUT i have donated money when I have had the chance!!!!!! I should just say there stockings are way different this year than last! Im sure they will get better though....like I said the season is still young the stockings get better most of the time... Im sure Im gonna get negative feed back about it but OH WELL.....

Trout 1

jumpman
06-01-2010, 10:41 PM
good trip man, sounds like fun i will have to try it. good times and good family time with your aunt.

As far as commenting on the complaining i hear ya ESF but i will say ,fisher man always do complain lol thats what i think. I mean i have never been on a fishing trip yet where everyone was satisfied, AM I RIGHT =)....... its all good man everyone just have fun and i do agree with the donations, i was unaware of this. Thanks for bringing this to the boards attention and i will be giving a donation myself.......
tight lines
jumpman

Koshaw
06-02-2010, 05:48 AM
Great meeting you up there T1!

:D

Sounds like you had a blast dude. Gotta fish with ya again sometime!

Koshaw

SierraPeaks
06-02-2010, 06:37 AM
I talked to Tim Alpers about a month ago and he told me there is going to be some heavy Alpers plants throughout the ES this summer due to the late ice outs.

Trout 1
06-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Great meeting you up there T1!

:D

Sounds like you had a blast dude. Gotta fish with ya again sometime!

Koshaw

Nice meeting u to man! You got my number just hit me up we can figure somthing out...

Trout 1

Trout 1
06-02-2010, 09:32 AM
I talked to Tim Alpers about a month ago and he told me there is going to be some heavy Alpers plants throughout the ES this summer due to the late ice outs.

Thats what I kinda figured...

Trout 1

cpt_majestic
06-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Was North Lake open yet????

Koshaw
06-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Not as of then. Sabrina was open though...

Eat Sleep Fish
06-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Was North Lake open yet????

North Lake IS open, the road is clear. But it hasn't been stocked yet this season. Still waiting for approval so the DFG can stock.

Angler Dan
06-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Great report.

I am heading up there in September for the first time, so I am just trying to read and absorb as much as I can about the different areas.

Trout 1
06-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Great report.

I am heading up there in September for the first time, so I am just trying to read and absorb as much as I can about the different areas.

thanks! shoot me a pm I will give u some tips bro....

Trout 1

SierraPeaks
06-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Great report.

I've been fishing the Eastern Sierras for 39 years...and I have a feeling Bridgeport Twins are going to be phenomenal this fall.
Keep it in mind if you want to go after some trophy browns.

Trout 1
06-02-2010, 09:51 PM
yeah we caught a lot of bronws this trip...........nothing to big tho

Trout 1

Big Daddy
06-08-2010, 07:31 AM
yeah we caught a lot of bronws this trip...........nothing to big tho

Trout 1

Hey easy money this was a great report. Glad you got into some fish, I am headed up this weekend for 8 days I am going to pm you so you can give me some tips on these jigs.

Mark

Trout 1
06-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah man shoot me a pm!! When are you heading up?