PDA

View Full Version : "LEGENDS OF THE VINE"

sonarbp
07-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone plans on tubin the "LEGENDS OF THE VINE" tourny in August?

I am planning on attending and fishing from my tube....thought it might be nice to meet some of you fellow tubers!!

Hope to see you there!!!

sonarbp

vanillagurilla
07-19-2007, 08:44 AM
lol i was thinkin about buggin yah about tubing together sometime and we should do it at the ledgends of the vine.... but seeing as i have not waders... and theres big yellow spots on my fins... and thers probly 100lb blue cat in there some where idk if thats a good idea. oh and catfish have spines that could puncture the tube. but if you think its all good im down.. ill be there.

sonarbp
07-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey vanilla,

I am working on getting another pair of waders....I hope to get them before the fnn event...if I do you are more than welcome to use my extra gear and tube the event!!!

I ain't to worried about the catfish...I have pulled up alot scarier fish into my tube while fishing the salt!!!!! :shock: Plus you don't have to worry about the seals and sharks trying to take your catch if you fish freshwater!!!! :lol:

I am hoping to hook into a few nice size cats....looking to go on a sleigh ride!!!!

sonarbp

Sea Murda
07-19-2007, 11:10 AM
I might be down, I'll let you know........

sonarbp
07-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Cool SeaMurda!!! I want to get a bunch of FNN tubers out durring this event!!

BBL2Baja
07-19-2007, 01:01 PM
I will probably be bringing my daughter to this event, otherwise I would totally be out there with you guys! If she doesn't go, then I'll join the fleet!

Later,
Scott

sonarbp
07-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Cool BBL2Baja,

I saw in another post you picked up some new tubin gear!!!! :thumb: What type of tube did you get?

Will see you at the event!!!

sonarbp

Granny Fish
07-19-2007, 03:28 PM
I'd love to see someone in a tube get tangled with one of those big blue catfish. :lol:

BBL2Baja
07-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Cool BBL2Baja,

I saw in another post you picked up some new tubin gear!!!! :thumb: What type of tube did you get?

Will see you at the event!!!

sonarbp

Uh-oh, tackle-ho time! 8)

I've had a Caddis Navigator II for about a week.
Last night at BPS I picked up waders (White River, the BPS house brand), some flats boots and a pair of Turbo Thruster float tube fins. I also have a Garmin Fishfinder 80 that I'm going to mount as soon as I have the time and motivation. :)

Later,
Scott

rcfb73
07-19-2007, 08:00 PM
ill bring my tube just incase...like stated above, im worried about my tube gettin the spine!

seamurda...did you ever find a new bladder for your navII?

CatchthatTrout
07-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Brian,

I'll bring my tube. :thumb:

vanillagurilla
07-19-2007, 11:00 PM
hey brian you bring the tube and ill bring my fins.. wont need wades but will need a change of clothes. the water is warm enough. ill just throw on some swim trunks and change right after at night b4 i head home. we can get the details worked out later. im trying to land this job right now so this little outing is pretty much riding on that alone.

one_leg
07-19-2007, 11:09 PM
No bodily contact is allowed. Just a heads up. Wouldn't want you to have to sit this one out.

O_L

vanillagurilla
07-19-2007, 11:17 PM
?? bodily contact?? so you have to wear waders? thats stupid. like waders are gona stop you from gettin atacked by a giant cat fish.. oh and i just look and theres no invasive species of muscles growing on my ***** haha.

sonarbp
07-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Cool....looks like the FNN will have a small fleet of tubes attacking the kitty fish at Irvine!!!!

Sonarbp

crivera175
07-20-2007, 07:57 AM
[quote="vanillagurilla"]lol i was thinkin about buggin yah about tubing theres big yellow spots on my fins...

vanillia here are some fins you could wear just pick your color :banana:

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/untitled.jpeg

vanillagurilla
07-20-2007, 09:40 AM
well sonar according to O_L i have to have waders i guess. we'll see what happens.

sonarbp
07-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey vanilla,

I am working on getting a new pair of waders...if I get them in time you can use a pair of mine...they might be a little big but they will work!!!

sonarbp

vanillagurilla
07-20-2007, 09:56 AM
a little big??? dont you remember what i look like haha. 6'1" 290lbs lol.

sonarbp
07-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah....I guess they might fit pretty good!! :lol:

sonarbp

Sea Murda
07-20-2007, 03:19 PM

yeah dude, I found a place that sells them for $19. I ordered one last week, should be getting it soon. Do you need one too? Let me know, I'll send you the link

rcfb73
07-21-2007, 01:18 AM

yeah dude, I found a place that sells them for $19. I ordered one last week, should be getting it soon. Do you need one too? Let me know, I'll send you the link

nah i dont need one now, but that info will be good to have on hand for those "just incase" moments...might even order one to have as a spare! hook it up with that link when you get a chance! thanks!

bones
07-30-2007, 07:46 PM
I might be down for the tubing thing 8)
I don't use my tube as often as I would like and at least I could get around a bit. You can also launch from anywhere in your tube at Irvine!
Hey....How about we suspend a crappie light in the middle of out armada!

I'm going with Bam Bam and I'm trying to talk him into the Tube thing but I think he wants to rent a boat.......I'm working on it!

tacklejunkie
07-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Skyler and I are signed up to attend the vine event, and we both just got tubes. I wouldn't be suprised if we use them :)

sonarbp
08-01-2007, 06:30 AM
25 Days and counting!!!!! :lol: I can't wait to meet and fish with all you guys. It looks to be a great day of fishing and story telling.

It has been a long time sense I have fished Irvine so I might need a little advice on where to locate the kitty fish.....but I have a good feeling that once we locate them a tuber will hook the biggest of the day.

sonarbp

rcfb73
08-21-2007, 08:26 PM
so who is still up to tube at legends? ill more than lilkey have mine in the back of my truck....

Sue
08-21-2007, 09:06 PM
As long as mine gets here before Saturday, I'm going to bring it with me. I may need some help inflating it and learning how to use it though :shock:

olfishergal
08-21-2007, 10:08 PM
don't forget your waders, irvine is a no body contact lake since it is a drinking water source......FYI..........kinda hot out for waders.

Skyler
08-22-2007, 10:52 AM
My brother and I will both be out in the tubes with bells on saturday. I ain't afraid of no spines. I have a landing net and some wire cutters, he he. Just bought some new waders for this trip too. Should be cool hangin' with so many other tubers.

Sue
08-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Alright then, kiddies!
My float tube came today - it's purple! Yay for purple! </girly>

Seriously though, although I will be on a Pontoon most of Saturday, I intend to get the tube out at some point (probably during the day)&#46; So, if you see a redhead floundering around looking scared, that's probably me &#58;D

See ya Saturday!

sonarbp
08-23-2007, 06:16 AM
No worries Sue&#46;&#46;&#46;there will be alot of FNN members at the event that will be tubin it!!!! If you need help with anything I am sure any of us will be more than happy to help you out!!!

See ya Sat!!!!!

sonarbp